Author Topic: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)  (Read 39136 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)
« on: 29 January 2014, 20:50 »
Yep, you guys knew the thread was coming.  :laugh:

So, everyone post your settings that you have for your Dynaudio and let's try and get all our systems set up right as I know numerous members are having real trouble getting the balance right.

State your Bass - Mid - Treble and Profile Setting (Acoustic, Soft ect)

Your sound location setting (front, centre or rear)

And your Subwoofer setting.

To start us off. If you choose a Profile setting then change to individual it does allow you to further modify the selected profile and have a huge impact on the final result.
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: My Perfect EQ Settings (Dynaudio)
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2014, 20:58 »
Posted this in the DynAudio thread;

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 January 2014, 21:34 »
Thank you Mr Savage  :smiley:
@Monsta. With those Individual settings, if you go back into Profiles, which one is highlighted?
« Last Edit: 29 January 2014, 22:48 by AlanH »
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2014, 08:23 »
I would also like to know which Profile is selected as well.  I am suspecting it is the Authentic profile as Dynamic with an extra +3 on the bass EQ and mid and treble in the minuses would probably sound a bit too bassy and not enough definition on the higher end.  However if it were the Authentic profile the settings Mr Savage suggests would be about right to reduce the brightness of the treble and give it a bit more bass which Authentic profile does lack with some genres of music.

I was also thinking about starting a thread like this as well as I was starting to wonder if I could also improve on the Dynaudio profiles and was imterested what others have done. 

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2014, 09:21 »
Hi,

I am really struggling to get the sound right on my Mk7.  The Dynaudio on my Mk6 sounded great, but the latest system seems to bottom out very easily, with the bass not keeping up with the mids and highs.
From experience with my last car Dynaudio needed quite a few weeks to 'run in'. The bass response improved quote dramitally after this period.  I am hoping the current system is the same.

Current setting: Authentic
Bass +3
Mid 0
Treble +2
Sub +5
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 30 January 2014, 09:29 »
Thank you Mr Savage  :smiley:
@Monsta. With those Individual settings, if you go back into Profiles, which one is highlighted?

It's on Individual... it can't be on a profile can it?

As far as I understand, the profiles are preset settings which you can't configure.  The minute you go into individual you are on "individual"?

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 30 January 2014, 09:34 »
That's where the confusion lies - some of us seem to think that Individual allows fine adjustment of one of the 4 Profiles. But we could be wrong...
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 30 January 2014, 09:49 »
I think this is the case you know..when playing round yesterday I noticed an obvious difference switching between preset profiles, but once I switched from a profile to individual the sound would remain the same. I could then tweak to perfect. It would be far more useful if when you go in to individual you could see the levels of the individual bands for the profile that you have just come from. At the moment, it's all flat, no matter where you have come from! I guess there isn't really an actually flat..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 30 January 2014, 10:49 »
That's where the confusion lies - some of us seem to think that Individual allows fine adjustment of one of the 4 Profiles. But we could be wrong...

If that were the case then you should be able to reset them back to the standard configuration (like with DCC you can tailor the setup of the car in indvidual but reset to factory config) there is no option for that.

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 30 January 2014, 10:51 »
There is a little reset button (mini EQ icon) next to the drop down for 'individual' and 'profile', but I think this only resets the current EQ settings..
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep