Author Topic: Minor scratches on the leather steering wheel  (Read 4718 times)

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
Minor scratches on the leather steering wheel
« on: 04 August 2009, 18:56 »
Hi, I just noticed that there's some damage to the leather of the steering wheel possibly caused by fingernails. Any suggestions as to how I could fix it? Any product that can cover it up?

Thanks for any feedback!

HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Minor scratches on the leather steering wheel
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2009, 19:16 »
Hi, I just noticed that there's some damage to the leather of the steering wheel possibly caused by fingernails. Any suggestions as to how I could fix it? Any product that can cover it up?

Thanks for any feedback!

HM

Hope you kept your receipt for H Samuels!!  :grin: :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2009, 20:37 »

Thanks for any feedback!

HM

Damage from fingernails ? Unless you were doing 150 and holding on like a b!tch I dont know how that could happen ?

Got a pic to show what it looks like ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2009, 20:41 »
Actually I am not sure how it got there... but when I was busy admiring the interior I noticed it. I have short fingernails so I have no idea how it got there. I will try to get some photos of it. But I tried covering it up with black marker... it helps but the texture is still damaged. So not sure whether the damage will show on the pics.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2009, 20:42 »
Am wondering whether black shoe polish will work.. he he he

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 04 August 2009, 22:32 »
Wow, black marker or shoe polish ?  :grin: Dude, thats a brand new wheel, I cant say for sure, but I bet they were already there.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2009, 22:36 »
Cripes mate what's been going on with your car? first you had a scratch on it and now fingermarks on the wheel!! sound a bit suspect to me can't you have a word with your stealer and tell them to get a new wheel ordered? :cry:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2009, 07:16 »
I dont know what happened but yes, damaged rear fender and now the steering wheels. They replaced the entire bumper with a new one though. The scratched steering wheel is relatively minor. I can live with it. Asking for a new steering wheel for it seem a little too much. I am just trying to cover it up, so that I dont see it...

HM

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2009, 07:22 »
I dont know what happened but yes, damaged rear fender and now the steering wheels. They replaced the entire bumper with a new one though. The scratched steering wheel is relatively minor. I can live with it. Asking for a new steering wheel for it seem a little too much. I am just trying to cover it up, so that I dont see it...

HM

though clearly this is annoying you.  i would go back to the dealer and complain about it whilst the car is still new.  you pay this much money you shouldn't have to "accept" problems like this.  if they order a new wheel you can still drive yours whilst its being delivered, and you'll feel much happier at the end.  its their job to look after customers!   :smiley:

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline jaydubveedub

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2009, 08:24 »
Stealers damaging cars is not a new thing!

My MK5 went in for some warranty work last week and they managed to scratch the steering wheel and get oily marks on the centre console. The oil cleaned off but the scratched steering wheel remains.

Why is it that in 3 months and 4000 miles I have not put a mark on the car but in the space of an hour they manage to damage it?

This is why I only go to the maindealer for warranty work and nothing else...............

Cowboys.
2003 Passat 1.9 Sport TDI Wagon | Inky Blue | Lots of Wax