Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 300060 times)

Offline Wide

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1130 on: 17 May 2017, 05:51 »
Looks nice,,, ;)
I was worried about the alloys from looking at the pictures and reading peoples' comments. Now I have seen in the them in the flesh I am really happy with how they look. :cool:

As someone else said, "Money well saved." :grin:

I bought new 19"  aftermarket wheels with tires for 1200£ instead. So now i have both 18" inch and 19" for the same prize. As if a should upgrade to 19" at VW.. :grin:

You know you're going to have to show us some photos of the new wheels. Photos of them off the car will do for now :whistle:

Coming this weekend.. ;). Next week Paintprotection film ( Same as Shmee.. ) and black mirrors ;)

Only difference being that you will be paying full cost for it whereas he will get a huge discount

In Sweden we have Shmee discount ;)

Today is the DAY!. New GTI PP in 7 hours :)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Mike22sum

• Just got here
« Reply #1131 on: 05 August 2017, 19:33 »
just been the vw dealership and fogs will not be fitted in the uk as it's built into the led daylights etc.. and he was shocked when the 7speed dsg wasn't an option on the gti..lol. as he thought it was meant to be on all new models..lol
Would that be dynamic curve lighting?

So does this mean that the cars seen with fog lights, don't have dynamic curve lighting? Was that the LED option that was on the configurator?

The plot thickens.
I have just been offered the price of the fog lights £275 with a payment in kind of up to £500 in total, the fog lights can't be retrofitted. Therefore I have rejected the car, I am awaiting VW's reply on this. I have heard of a few people rejecting the cars due to the fog light issue. The GTI's now come fitted with the fog lights as they should have done.
2017 GTI Indium grey Brescia alloys.

Edit: if I had to decide between DCL and Fog lights. It would be dynamic curve lighting every time. It is a really good feature.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1132 on: 07 August 2017, 16:04 »
That is not my quote above.

I have just been offered the price of the fog lights £275 with a payment in kind of up to £500 in total, the fog lights can't be retrofitted. Therefore I have rejected the car, I am awaiting VW's reply on this. I have heard of a few people rejecting the cars due to the fog light issue. The GTI's now come fitted with the fog lights as they should have done.
I think I would have taken the £500. Though my car has fog lights. :undecided:
« Last Edit: 07 August 2017, 16:06 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #1133 on: 07 August 2017, 17:53 »
That is not my quote above.

I think I would have taken the £500. Though my car has fog lights. :undecided:
Well my GTD has just arrived and it has fog lights - yeah!  :smiley:
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #1134 on: 13 September 2017, 17:58 »
Got a Recall from VW on my GTI.....  :cry:

They had fitted the wrong tire sticker on all the GTI!!.. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Now it fixed on my  :grin:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1135 on: 14 September 2017, 06:20 »
Don't understand how the FL GTi has 38psi and the pre facelift has 36psi. Absolutely no difference between the two.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #1136 on: 14 September 2017, 07:24 »
Don't understand how the FL GTi has 38psi and the pre facelift has 36psi. Absolutely no difference between the two.

I know it is pretty high PSI. But in the letter from VW it was a security problem to have to low PSI.. :laugh: :grin:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1137 on: 14 September 2017, 11:53 »

The higher the psi the lower the fuel consumption/emissions so maybe it's VW's attempt to get their fuel economy figures closer to laughable from farcical.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #1138 on: 14 September 2017, 12:56 »

The higher the psi the lower the fuel consumption/emissions so maybe it's VW's attempt to get their fuel economy figures closer to laughable from farcical.

I like that, very good :laugh: Strange though as the figure for 19" wheels hasn't changed.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1139 on: 14 September 2017, 15:19 »

I like that, very good :laugh: Strange though as the figure for 19" wheels hasn't changed.

19" wheels are an option so they don't have to include them in their consumption figures, all they have to say is that if fitted then they will increase emissions.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17