Author Topic: 1st good clean in 2 months!  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
1st good clean in 2 months!
« on: 19 March 2012, 20:02 »
Car had been naglected a bit whilst engine work was carried out!  :rolleyes:

spend some ££ at UD and picked up

worked very well! 2 bucket methord!
2 layers of wax! 4 hours of washin and my right arm was killing me!!
another good wash next sunday!

some pics of the finish artical!

the paints not bad for a 12 year old car! but a few bits and bobs im not happy with which will be getting sorted!

how can i get a good in depth shine from a white car :|

Cheers lads.

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
Re: 1st good clean in 2 months!
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2012, 20:54 »
nice work! you like a bit of dodo then!!  :laugh:

i find with white cars a lot of the finished effect is in the contrast of the finish of the trim, lights, window trim etc

whats the dodo product in the spray bottle?

a very good polish will certainly improve your depth of shine... followed by the use of a glaze before you wax will certainly help

try something like this...

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/poorboys-white-diamond-show-glaze-for-light-vehicles.php?cPath=88

and if you want to take it to the next level then try something like this...

http://www.swissvax.co.uk/product_detail/wax_products/glacier_2

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2012, 21:06 »
does autoglym SRP do a similar job to the poor boys glaze? thats what i use before seal and waxing and it brings my white car up great

i just tried poor boys nattys white so would be interested in the glaze too. is it better than the SRP?

cheers
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2012, 21:36 »
1. your car doesn't look fast enough  :laugh: :laugh:
2. What are those MF towels doing on the floor, watch out for the stones or grit on them!
3. DJ stuff is the nuts, that super natural hybrid will a good 4 months easy with 2 layers, the beading is awesome!
4. Your car still doesn't look fast enough even though it shiny and clean  :rolleyes:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2012, 21:39 »
does autoglym SRP do a similar job to the poor boys glaze? thats what i use before seal and waxing and it brings my white car up great

i just tried poor boys nattys white so would be interested in the glaze too. is it better than the SRP?

cheers

SRP contains fillers and is quite a dusty polish... i tend to avoid it as i think things like dodo lime prime and zaino polish or if i am using the rotary then the 3m set

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2012, 21:40 »
1. your car doesn't look fast enough  :laugh: :laugh:
2. What are those MF towels doing on the floor, watch out for the stones or grit on them!
3. DJ stuff is the nuts, that super natural hybrid will a good 4 months easy with 2 layers, the beading is awesome!
4. Your car still doesn't look fast enough even though it shiny and clean  :rolleyes:

2. i thought they were still in the packet?

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2012, 21:47 »
cheers lads  :cool:

dam! the price of that wax guy  :laugh: daum!! haha!!

the yellow stuff is a lube for the clay! worked nice, did smell like washing up liquid though  :undecided:

i went for lime prime polish, and before now i was using autoglym but had enough of that tbh.

1- its  a sleeper apart from the big FMIC out the front.
2- there sh!t ones that are fit for the bin, and it was final pic time
3- yeah i liked how DJ performed! should i re-aply the wax ever few weeks for even better protection? or not bother?
4- dont worry about that! lol i like it nice and clean - it makes me not want to take it out in the wet/damp  :grin:

@guy      2- lol the new micorofiber ( DJ one ) i used this to take the Wax off - i think ill order a few more! as these was much better than the others iv got, that are fine for genural drying etc.

Currently down under

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2012, 22:04 »
cheers lads  :cool:

dam! the price of that wax guy  :laugh: daum!! haha!!

the yellow stuff is a lube for the clay! worked nice, did smell like washing up liquid though  :undecided:

i went for lime prime polish, and before now i was using autoglym but had enough of that tbh.

1- its  a sleeper apart from the big FMIC out the front.
2- there sh!t ones that are fit for the bin, and it was final pic time
3- yeah i liked how DJ performed! should i re-aply the wax ever few weeks for even better protection? or not bother?
4- dont worry about that! lol i like it nice and clean - it makes me not want to take it out in the wet/damp  :grin:

@guy      2- lol the new micorofiber ( DJ one ) i used this to take the Wax off - i think ill order a few more! as these was much better than the others iv got, that are fine for genural drying etc.

2. aaah... i didn't see those other microfibers on the floor - tut tut.. bin time as you say!!  :grin:

as for the fluffy dodo towels.. i would just stick with the ones you have... i would get 'normal' ones for wax or polish removal, then use the fluffy ones for final buffing or spritzing with something like red mist or z8

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2012, 22:13 »
Ohhh the fluffy DJ towels, they are awesome!

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2012, 22:19 »
might need another shoping list! the mrs mum wants me to do her freelander - top spec but it looks like sh!t!

so many light scratches and swirls all over! i guess its DA time for that?  and swapping my wax for a dark colour wax?

Currently down under