Author Topic: Weber 32/34 DTML  (Read 4552 times)

Offline Billy213

• Not said much yet
Weber 32/34 DTML
« on: 26 March 2012, 15:38 »

Anyone got experience with these? Am I right to think the screw labelled 'a' is the idle adjustment screw? And what is 'b'?

Offline speedycoolboy

• Not said much yet
Re: Weber 32/34 DTML
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2012, 16:46 »
Yeh, a is the idle speed screw, im not too sure what b is but on my weber its just a hex bolt thing, theres no flat head screwdriver head, if you understand, so im curious to find out what it is too.

Offline Billy213

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2012, 16:58 »
Where would I find the mixture screw then? 'b' on mine was done up stupidly tight so I didn't wanna try too hard to get it off.

Also, what is that below 'b' with the wire going to it? Mines looking a bit worse for wear. I think it's something that was taken off the Pierburg but I don't know what it does.

Offline speedycoolboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2012, 19:28 »
I'm not sure where the mixture screw is, I also want to find that, i think mines running too rich, and i think the little black thing with a black wire coming out is a pre heater or somthing like that. I've got an exploded diagram of the weber and it points out the mixture screw, but the line ends up at a corner, rather than a screw, so i was kinda hoping someone could upload an image and circle the screw.

Offline Billy213

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 26 March 2012, 19:52 »
I've got the same diagram I think, came with my service kit. It's pretty much useless.

Offline speedycoolboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2012, 19:45 »
ok, i've done some research and i think these links may be usefull to you
http://www.vwsyncro.co.uk/data/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2944    this shows the exact position of the idle mixture (I compared with my carb and it seems right)

http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/v/vspfiles/images/Weber%20Trouble%20Shooting%20Guide.pdf     This link give general carb troubleshooting - quite useful

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/234.htm    and this link is just an exploded view of them carb

Offline speedycoolboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2012, 19:52 »
I'm not sure my lil heater thing works tho, it says pierberg, and it doesnt get warm at all
« Last Edit: 28 March 2012, 22:22 by speedycoolboy »

Offline Billy213

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 30 March 2012, 08:54 »

Offline JamesS

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 04 April 2012, 15:33 »
I had one of these on my car when it was a 1.8 driver. I found that if you want to get the car running well you had to change the mixture slightly a few times a year because of air temps and humidity. Also when my car was MOT'd the garage used to lean the mixture to pass the emmisions, so you had to richen it up to get the car running smoothly. Mixture screw is on the left hand side of the carb as you look in the bay and it's at the lower front edge (small flat head required to adjust) I also found that the rubber flange that the carb sits on split every 6-8 months which was a hassle!
AEROSPACE GRADE CNC MACHINED VR6 KEYRINGS. ONLY £16.50 INC P&P.
http://www.mk2vr6.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13053

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 06 April 2012, 17:37 »

Anyone got experience with these? Am I right to think the screw labelled 'a' is the idle adjustment screw? And what is 'b'?

Just fitted one to mine, and i dont know what b is but a is the idle adjustment, and the CO is on the other side as said above, literally on the bottom left of the pic, just outside of the red ring around b is the screw.
I had one of these on my car when it was a 1.8 driver. I found that if you want to get the car running well you had to change the mixture slightly a few times a year because of air temps and humidity. Also when my car was MOT'd the garage used to lean the mixture to pass the emmisions, so you had to richen it up to get the car running smoothly. Mixture screw is on the left hand side of the carb as you look in the bay and it's at the lower front edge (small flat head required to adjust) I also found that the rubber flange that the carb sits on split every 6-8 months which was a hassle!

6-8 months?! Thats not good, you've got me worried now! What sort of CO did you run yours at? Mine was at 4.5% and failed the MOT, and i leaned it up a bit to 3.48% and it then ran so much better, i want to lean it up a bit more to see, as i know its supposed to be at about 2%

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.