Author Topic: welding  (Read 2132 times)

Offline crazydog

• Not said much yet
welding
« on: 14 December 2015, 17:58 »
hi guys,has anyone had any experience with auto darkening welding helmets ,the suppliers say to test hold helmet to a light 40w or more,iv'e done this with a 150w spot bulb and it still looks the same greenish colour does lcd screen literally go dark.iv'e tried all sensitivity options 9 to 13,i don't want to try welding light in case of a fault.i,ve used the test inside house so air temp is not to low.any help much appreciated     cheers

Offline pid

• Not said much yet
Re: welding
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2015, 19:41 »
you will need to cover the sensors then give them a flash to the light source to make the helmet change best done with the sun, if we get any.

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 16 December 2015, 06:24 »
Does your helmets batteries have charge?  And make sure it's switched on, as mine switches off after 10 minutes or so of not being used. I'd test it by putting it on and arcing up the welder but having it so the masks sensors can see the arc but you can't,  so you'll then see if it works. Who made it anyway, the speedglas ones are good, about the most common in industry.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline crazydog

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2015, 16:58 »
thanks guys feel like a divi there is a switch onthe side that gives grinding mode i didn't see this and it wasn't in the instructions,works great now when switched on.  cheers.