Author Topic: Sorry - Monzas - Refurb with Wet paint or get new full set of fleabay with tyres  (Read 809 times)

Offline nc35

• Not said much yet
  • remember your are unique, just like everyone else
Hi All

Don't know what to do...

Took the wheels off today.  Well can only get three off at the mo.  Just to check everything after picking the car up.

Bit disappointed as the rims are definitely copies and very curbed. One tyre need replacing now, one very close to replacement rear has a nail right in the middle but good tread and good make (Dunlop I think)  the other also a dunlop I dunno

Taking the car to a guy who has been recommended for diamond refurbs for him to have a look tomoz, but between us we have said wet paint, cos of the damage and the fact they will be a lot easier to look after.  But repair and pain going to be about £250...

Or do I just get another set of copies from fleabay for £450???

Any comments really welcome.  Feeling a little p....ed off at the mo  :cry:

Thanks in advance

Lee

Candy White MK6 Golf GTI MY11.
DSG, RNS500 Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Adaptive Xenons, Park Assist, Lux Pac, Light Pac, Winter Pac, Full leather, Sun Roof, Cruise, 18" Monza Shadow, Westfalia Dedicated Detachable Tow Bar.

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
I'd say fleabay but tbh...most do have little marks and the white worm...seems to be just to hard to eradicate completely and will still come back meaning a further refurb.  If you do get them off fleabay ask to see the stamp on the inner of the wheel to make sure they are genuine, as you obviously thought the ones on the car were genuines, and they were "good" copies.  I'd not pay £250 to refurb copies tbh

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi