Author Topic: mk4 1.8t issue  (Read 1653 times)

Offline JohnnyGTI

• Just got here
mk4 1.8t issue
« on: 31 May 2016, 13:52 »
I've recently purchased a mk4 1.8t Agu engine code it has a pipercross panel filter and a stage 1 r tech custom map at 184 bhp it runs beautiful and is the best car I've ever bought. The other day I had a little moment with a Honda civic and off the line wheels spun like mad through first gear and I changed into second after a bit of dashboard juddering and wheels spinning and every thing seemed fine I went a little further on my journey no longer around the Honda driving quite calmly and the exhaust note of the car changed to a much more raspy sound but not in a good way it then seemed fine again then it came back and sounded horrible again and there was a slight rumbling that I haven't head before from around the area where the arm rest is the coil packs went on my old fiesta zetec S and it sounds similar to that I'm inclined to think maybe it is the exhaust as the car does pop in low Revs :p even with the standard exhaust system I always thought it was just extra fuel from the remap any thoughts guys? The car is my baby and I'm so worried about her
AGU MK4 Golf GTi 1.8T
Pipercross Panel filter, R-Tech stage 1
185bhp 230lbs