Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2767493 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1620 on: 25 January 2015, 15:42 »
After waiting 8 weeks today for repairs to start on my car (and it getting a damn good wash in the process), i've relented and cleaned it myself, as it was a "toasty" 11C. It now looks sparkling (C2V3 still hard at work). Sods law is that i'll be getting a call tomorrow from the repairers to book it in. Also popped through to the Metrocentre and looked in Benfield Scotswood Road on the way back to see if they had a Polo GTI in (the missus is keen on one in the summer  :smiley:, or a Mini :sad:). They didn't have one, so we just took a brochure - some odd pricing in there for some options. You can spec some pack that adds the soundaktor, electromechanical steering (like we already get in the Golf GTI/GTD/R) and DCC for £250. So why do we get charged £800 for just DCC on a Golf?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1621 on: 25 January 2015, 16:07 »
After waiting 8 weeks today for repairs to start on my car (and it getting a damn good wash in the process), i've relented and cleaned it myself, as it was a "toasty" 11C. It now looks sparkling (C2V3 still hard at work). Sods law is that i'll be getting a call tomorrow from the repairers to book it in. Also popped through to the Metrocentre and looked in Benfield Scotswood Road on the way back to see if they had a Polo GTI in (the missus is keen on one in the summer  :smiley:, or a Mini :sad:). They didn't have one, so we just took a brochure - some odd pricing in there for some options. You can spec some pack that adds the soundaktor, electromechanical steering (like we already get in the Golf GTI/GTD/R) and DCC for £250. So why do we get charged £800 for just DCC on a Golf?
I think there's something lost in translation in the brochure: The Polo GTI already has the soundaktor and the Polo was the first VW car to get the electro steering - it's just the 'Sport' setting on the suspension you get really, and the option to have the more responsive 'Sport' setting on throttle and steering like the Golf GTI. I don't think it's proper DCC like the Golf gets though I'd be happy to be proved wrong! The Polo comes out about March time.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1622 on: 25 January 2015, 16:52 »
I think there's something lost in translation in the brochure: The Polo GTI already has the soundaktor and the Polo was the first VW car to get the electro steering - it's just the 'Sport' setting on the suspension you get really, and the option to have the more responsive 'Sport' setting on throttle and steering like the Golf GTI. I don't think it's proper DCC like the Golf gets though I'd be happy to be proved wrong! The Polo comes out about March time.

They specifically mention variable adaptive chassis settings for comfort/normal/sport. It is "Sport performance pack with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)" in the Wheels and Suspension section on page 12 of the Polo pricelist. Seems genuine enough to me and no DCC mentioned elsewhere (I had thought that perhaps it was the price of the full pack in addition to DCC available on its own because £250 seemed too cheap, but not a mention of DCC anywhere else and the pack is only available on the GTI.

Full description text:

Sport performance pack: includes sportier electro-mechanical steering, accelerator response and engine niose inside the car. For DSG derivatives, the sports setting allows the car to reach maximum torque settings for a sportier drive. Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC): Variable suspension settings - choice of three settings: Sport, Comfort  and Normal. Ah, a fiver saved, it is actually £245!  :shocked:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1623 on: 25 January 2015, 17:40 »
@snoopy how did you guess. They are a bunch of amateurs compared to the Durham branch and as long as you tell them not to wash it they won't. The service manager has left Sunderland too from what from what I've heard but that's two things they've buggered on my car and they won't be allowed three! I used to use the Durham Pulman all the time but thought I'd give Sunderland a chance, what a mistake that was.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #1624 on: 25 January 2015, 19:38 »
@snoopy how did you guess. They are a bunch of amateurs compared to the Durham branch and as long as you tell them not to wash it they won't. The service manager has left Sunderland too from what from what I've heard but that's two things they've buggered on my car and they won't be allowed three! I used to use the Durham Pulman all the time but thought I'd give Sunderland a chance, what a mistake that was.
They dont have the best reputation in the trade.
Also ive seen Kens car, hes been round mine a few times, he had the white mk6 GTI he had a few bad experience with them and has shown me the results.. They drove over a stool as he watched then denied it, another time they damaged an alloy and denied it, said it was like that, they dragged pipes over his roof and scratched it, they broke most the clips on his front bumper replacing iirc a headlight making his bumper fit incorrectly. He then started to use Durham after giving sunderland  plenty of chances.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2015, 19:47 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline GeoBog

• Here all the time
« Reply #1625 on: 25 January 2015, 21:32 »
Replaced the windscreen on my GTI today.
2020 VW T-Cross SEL
2020 Renault Megane RS Trophy 300
2012 Fiat 500 Twinair
2007 Renault Megane 2
------------------------------------------
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1626 on: 26 January 2015, 06:50 »
Sold my GTI. Great 12 months, but change of jobs meant a change to a diesel, albeit a bloody quick one in an F30 330d M Sport.

Stripping my GTI yesterday, was done with a heavy heart... Anyone interested in a pair of black Wind mirror covers (perfect condition), a red GTI front badge and a DTUK FSR tuning box?!?

Offline kevinm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1627 on: 26 January 2015, 10:17 »
Sold my GTI. Great 12 months, but change of jobs meant a change to a diesel, albeit a bloody quick one in an F30 330d M Sport.

Stripping my GTI yesterday, was done with a heavy heart... Anyone interested in a pair of black Wind mirror covers (perfect condition), a red GTI front badge and a DTUK FSR tuning box?!?

How do you find the 3 series after the GTI?
Current: His: 2020 M340i   Hers: 2019 GTD

Previous:
2014 GTI PP DSG
GTI ED30 DSG

Offline ashley6285

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1628 on: 26 January 2015, 10:39 »

How do you find the 3 series after the GTI?

Will let you know after I collect it tomorrow afternoon. However from the test drive, the build quality was better and it pulled like a train. It's not really too fair to compare, and in an ideal world I'd have both!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1629 on: 26 January 2015, 12:33 »
Pictures following a trip to Detail My Ride and a wheel swap

Mirrors and lip to be wrapped gloss black next on the list and possible some lowering springs when it has fully settled