Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626773 times)

Offline Neil C

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #3020 on: 27 June 2020, 20:34 »
The under seat drawers look great in my opinion. Did you buy them from a VW dealer? How easy were they to fit?

Offline DUBbleChin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3021 on: 27 June 2020, 22:34 »
Thanks, I bought them off ebay. I'd been looking for the drawers all over the place, I saw a German company had the 2 for £120 and then I noticed that they were very similar to Touran drawers. I took a gamble and bought them thinking that I could mod them to fit. These were off a 2005 Touran and basically a straight fit.
All I needed was 4 torx (any screw head will do) m4 self tapping screws for each drawer.

Unbolt the 4 seat runner splined bolts, tilt the seat base back and locate the matching holes to screw into. Took me about 15-20mins per seat. 
I don't think I circled the exact holes under the seat but you get the gist :smiley:

« Last Edit: 28 June 2020, 09:01 by DUBbleChin »
Nov '11 Candy White GTI, 5dr, heated leather, Rns510, DCC, Revo stg. 1, Sachs clutch, MST cai, Jetex 3" cat back, H&R springs, 19" TSW

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3022 on: 18 July 2020, 18:05 »
Noticed last night while driving in the dark neither of the footwell LEDs were working. Like glovebox one they appear to have failed. So I've removed them both and put the original bulbs back. It doesn't make any difference anyway because I've put red tape on them which is a better mod anyway. The other LEDs are holding up so far (boot and roof lights). I would say don't bother with LEDs in glovebox or footwells on a Mk6, though. Unless maybe you know some that aren't cheap crap that will fail after prolonged illumination.

I've put 500 miles on the clock of mine driving down to Dorset. It was really good. The cruise control worked great and made it much more easy on the motorways. Only thing I don't like about this cruise control compared to my last one (Honda) is it doesn't respond instantly to the driver when you need to decrease the speed. In my old one when you pressed decelerate it just instantly started to slow down which was great if you were approaching a slightly slower car in front. This more "clever" in that you set your desired speed, but that means it's harder to "fake" the adaptive cruise control yourself. Win some, lose some, I guess.
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #3023 on: 29 July 2020, 21:25 »
changed the air filter for a K&N panel filter,
changed spark plugs which were black & loose when i went to remove them :rolleyes:
oil on the 2 diff types of coilpacks already installed too so i switched them out for new red top ones
installed front & rear dashcams (blackvue)

topped up screenwash but warning light is still on?

i can hear the turbo when i change gear now :laugh:
Mk6 Gti - current daily
Mk3 16v Anni - retired daily now parked on 200,300 miles

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #3024 on: 31 July 2020, 14:03 »
got a plug in coolbox from halfrauds today & that now lives behind the passenger seat in the footwell to keep my sandwiches & bottles of water fresh in this weather

also have a "dogbag" in the boot to keep his hairs contained in one place, think he likes it to be fair apart from when i forget he is in the car and floor it :grin:

this evening i put red pinstripe tape on the chrome flash in the interior door covers & across the one above the glovebox...looks like it should have always been there :rolleyes:

waiting for red 501 bulbs to arrive for the footwells, already changed the other interior bulbs to red :cool:
« Last Edit: 01 August 2020, 00:49 by ramrod »
Mk6 Gti - current daily

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3025 on: 01 August 2020, 10:55 »
Did you know the Mk6 has a cooled glovebox? There's a vent you can open in the glovebox to allow the AC to blow in there. Don't know how good it is but worth knowing if you're concerned about sandwich temperature. Also because you should keep it closed if you don't use it, so you get better cabin temperature.
2010 Mk6 GTI

Offline ramrod

• Here all the time
« Reply #3026 on: 02 August 2020, 05:48 »
yes i know about the glovebox but that doesnt stay cool when the car is parked up :nerd: & i find it doesnt get the drinks cold enough lol maybe im just a fusspot :rolleyes:
Mk6 Gti - current daily

Offline Spaced

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3027 on: 03 August 2020, 19:20 »
Full service, replaced rear arms, new clutch, new rims and a cheeky remap. https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9b4pqwj1swh657/Untitled.jpg?dl=0
« Last Edit: 03 August 2020, 19:27 by Spaced »

Loyal owner since 2005, done with remapping, I drive a Golf not a Veyron. (hypocrite)

Offline DUBbleChin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3028 on: 13 August 2020, 19:49 »
I took out the standard mk6 climatronic controls and put in the one similar to the mk7.

I say similar because I tried mk7 controls and they don't work without coding at least. Nor does it fit the fascia below.
So I found one off a mk6 Cabrio and matching new fascia.
Simple 10minute job. Plug & play. Easiest mod ever :)

« Last Edit: 13 August 2020, 20:05 by DUBbleChin »
Nov '11 Candy White GTI, 5dr, heated leather, Rns510, DCC, Revo stg. 1, Sachs clutch, MST cai, Jetex 3" cat back, H&R springs, 19" TSW

Offline Borbus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3029 on: 14 August 2020, 11:15 »
I saw a few videos on Youtube of people doing this. Any advantages other than looking slightly more modern? Does the max A/C button work as expected?
2010 Mk6 GTI