Author Topic: Hi guys newbie here  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Watsonlee4

• Just got here
Hi guys newbie here
« on: 03 November 2016, 22:37 »
Picking up my first gti tomorrow, after 3 years with a 2011 touran I've had enough of finance and want abit of a toy.

Picking up a 2000 1.8t tomorrow in dark blue, totally original and with a massive service history even with wiper blade receipts in haha. Looks good drives good and is £700 but has 159,000 miles which is a little worrying for me but as the history and condition is so good I've gone for it anyway!

I'm sure I'll be on here asking questions of you knowledgable lot before long!

Cheers Lee

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: Hi guys newbie here
« Reply #1 on: 03 November 2016, 22:53 »
My dads/grandads mk2 gti was sold with 144000 miles and was in good condition, that was a design 15 years older than a mk4, cars can go further these days, providing it hasn't been abused and had regular maintenance mileage shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Without pampering a 10 year old mini was fooked in the 70s, now a its 10 year old equivalent is in decent nick unless its been unlucky. 100000 miles is no longer the pension age for cars (not for a long time now).
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline Watsonlee4

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2016, 12:33 »
Thought I'd add to existing thread, picked the car up absolut minter extremely clean mountains of history very quiet and drives great! Happy days!

One thing when I accelerate at around 60 the car seems to pull to the right and when I let off back to the left? Any ideas why anyone? Help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance Lee

Offline LR5V

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2016, 18:59 »
That's great news - sound like you have a good one there

Its probably a bush, imo the most likely suspect with that mileage would be rear beam bushes.