Author Topic: SAI Delete - Research so far...  (Read 13941 times)

RC81

Re: SAI Delete - Research so far...
« Reply #50 on: 02 November 2016, 22:56 »
If you find that the crimped wires come loose within their fitted parts, try applying some silicone once you've crimped up. You won't need much, just enough to stop vibration. (Silicone is non-conductive). That might help?
I'm a solderer by trade amongst a few other's, nothing ever comes loose there.

But I will order a few of what you bought, just to see how good they are. Once I get some time off work some when? I need to get under the bonnet and do a few jobs such as remove the SAI & N249, leaving the N75 in place of course.
And to top it off, I can just about keep up with a 2015 Polo GTI, so my car must be running 185bhp? Not the 200+ that AMD once re-mapped it to. So my Sensors must be playing up and I need to get a boost leak smoke test done

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #51 on: 03 November 2016, 07:08 »
Cool, thanks for the tip - I'll try that next time. Which AMD did you go to, the one near Lakeside in Essex? I used to live in London and had quite a bit done at AMD, but my map was done at Rtech for Stage 1 and then a Revo tuner when I moved up to Scotland.

Assuming you have an AUM engine then yes you should be up at 210bhp, mine o lay ever made 190bhp on the dump at Rtech and that was due to the vacuum system and in my case the issue was fixed after fitting a catch can and doing the N249 bypass, replacing all small bore vacuum lines with 4mm silicone. All the stuff I've done in this thread has mainly been to tidy everything up and remove anything else that could cause a problem in the future.

Not had time to do my write up from last weekend yet but it's coming!

RC81

« Reply #52 on: 03 November 2016, 10:37 »
Unfortunately I wasn't the one who took it to AMD, it was a previous owner. Yeah the one in Essex. But when I bought the car a few month's ago, it came with a huge stack of service history paperwork. The AMD invoice was for a stage one tune and a Forge Recirc valve. The car spent most of it's like in Essex from what I can gather.

I must get some vac silicone hose though, i guess my lack of boost is most likely a leak some where but I can't find it. A local garage does boost leak tests for a few pennies. And where my N249 threw up a code not long ago, more reason to follow suit and bin it! Out of curiosity how many metres of vac hose did you end up using?

Look forward to a further write up  :smiley:

Offline OSR

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #53 on: 03 November 2016, 13:05 »
I think I ordered about 3 metres of 4mm inner dia hose - should only cost about £5 on eBay. Originally I did it with 3mm which is definitely the wrong size  :whistle:

Once you've removed everything (N249 etc) you basically can blank off all the vacuum ports on the underside of the inlet mani (again I ordered some silicone blanking caps for a few pennies) with the exception of one 4mm port which you run to a t-piece. One branch of the T goes to the FPR, the other goes to the top of the DV.