Author Topic: EDITION 30 BLUEFIN  (Read 6659 times)

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
EDITION 30 BLUEFIN
« on: 07 June 2007, 16:38 »
HI THERE,

Anyone on the forum ACTUALLY with an ed30 fitted with the bluefin,im more concerned about its driveability,and overall fuel consumption,
im in two minds ive read so many conflicting views.

.................     IS THERE ANY HELP OUT THERE....................

=========================================================================

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
Re: EDITION 30 BLUEFIN
« Reply #1 on: 07 June 2007, 17:42 »
If you've searched the threads on this board, then you'll know that I'm very strongly against any of the SuperChips products, and would recommend a chip tune from either Revo, Oettinger, or MTM.
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline ed30

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 June 2007, 18:17 »
thanks for the reply,some appear to be for superchips others agaist,ive read the vw driver report but its very vague,it just states "ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE",the only concern i have with s.chips is the bluefin came out quickly,and on the rolling road it came back with a standard run of 240bhp or therabouts,did they use an ed30,or the seat cupra,anyway thanks for your time

Peskarik

« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2007, 18:24 »
If you've searched the threads on this board, then you'll know that I'm very strongly against any of the SuperChips products, and would recommend a chip tune from either Revo, Oettinger, or MTM.

Let me add B&B to that list. (If you are in Germany).

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 June 2007, 19:25 »
yeah you should check out the main thread re. superchips bluefin..I have it installed and am really enjoying it! re. fuel use - just used my second full tank of fuel since having it installed, filled up with 15miles left on the range and had covered 303 miles up to that point, I do mostly town/city driving. hope that helps! :smiley:
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 June 2007, 19:33 »
filled up with 15miles left on the range and had covered 303 miles up to that point

What did you get to a tank before the bluefin?
Just wondering how much its changed!
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline Russ.C

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 June 2007, 19:40 »
I always fill up with roughly 15-20miles left on range, used to be on about 310-320 when I got to garage, so its not really changed much. which is nice. :smug: (bearing in mind my foot has been slightly heavier!)
GTI Edition 30, 3Dr, Manual, Black Pearl, Xenons, Ipod, Highline, Rear Tints & Superchips Bluefin ;)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 08 June 2007, 11:50 »

Q:  why do I keep forgetting about B&B ???

A:  probably because I can't read German!  :laugh:
-----

I feel like a homo

Peskarik

« Reply #8 on: 08 June 2007, 13:17 »

well, there is a button for English on their page. It looks like the British flag. So, your excuse in unacceptable!  :evil:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 08 June 2007, 15:40 »

well, there is a button for English on their page. It looks like the British flag. So, your excuse in unacceptable!  :evil:

Last time I looked there wasn't a translate button!

Don't suppose you can post their URL ?
-----

I feel like a homo