Author Topic: GTI performance dsg problem  (Read 6247 times)

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
Re: GTI performance dsg problem
« Reply #10 on: 17 October 2019, 14:30 »
Can’t think how a pedal box would have any effect.

Nope wouldn't have any effect on it. My DSG ate itself because of a fault with reverse as it used to clunk when it first moved. New box is completely different, much smoother.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 23 October 2019, 22:27 »
Car went back into dealers 3 week ago for another investigation and VW has now approved the replacement of the mechatronic unit.

Its gonna be picked up on Friday and returned Monday if they cant do the job within the day.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 15 December 2019, 20:21 »
Thought I'd update for anybody who's interested. After several months and umpteen visits to the dealer(who has been brilliant,) I'm at a point where I'm about to reject the car.

So far its had a new mechatronic fiited the gearbox oil pump bearing replaced and then this week a new gearbox including new electronic dif and a new flywheel.

Unfortunately the noise is still there.

Has anyone else ever rejected a car and how did they get on? I've spoke to the dealer, vw uk and vw finance and they all seem to be in agreement that's I've given them enough chances to fix it but well see when it actually comes to the crunch.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 December 2019, 22:06 »
Thought I'd update for anybody who's interested. After several months and umpteen visits to the dealer(who has been brilliant,) I'm at a point where I'm about to reject the car.

So far its had a new mechatronic fiited the gearbox oil pump bearing replaced and then this week a new gearbox including new electronic dif and a new flywheel.

Has anyone else ever rejected a car and how did they get on? I've spoke to the dealer, vw uk and vw finance and they all seem to be in agreement that's I've given them enough chances to fix it but well see when it actually comes to the crunch.

You can’t reject a car that develops a fault 7 or 8 months into ownership. This is a warranty issue. They have to fix it or compensate you.
Sounds like they’re struggling to identify the problem, and perhaps they’ll make you a good offer for the car.
Sorry to hear, best of luck with it
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 15 December 2019, 22:18 »
The finance company and vw uk have said I can reject the car now on the grounds they have had three attempts to fix it but I may loose some refund due to fair ware and usage. Up to 6 months they have a single attempt to fix it after 6 months is a little different but can I'm led to believe still be rejected

I've said I'm more than happy to take another car on the same deal and spec as this one.

Could be an interesting few days.
« Last Edit: 15 December 2019, 22:21 by Dre1973 »

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 December 2019, 22:29 »
Good luck, but there can't be too many build slots left now for Mk7 GTi's. Hopefully they won't drag their feet sorting it out.
7.5 GTD

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 December 2019, 22:42 »
The finance company and vw uk have said I can reject the car now on the grounds they have had three attempts to fix it but I may loose some refund due to fair ware and usage. Up to 6 months they have a single attempt to fix it after 6 months is a little different but can I'm led to believe still be rejected

I've said I'm more than happy to take another car on the same deal and spec as this one.

Could be an interesting few days.

Wow, that’s interesting- and surprising. They’ve probably taken the view that it’s going to cost them one way or the other, so if you want to reject, they won’t contest it.
Most important thing is that they appear to be very reasonable about it. Yeah I’d get another mk7.5 quick as you can!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 15 December 2019, 22:43 »

You can’t reject a car that develops a fault 7 or 8 months into ownership. This is a warranty issue. They have to fix it or compensate you.
Sounds like they’re struggling to identify the problem, and perhaps they’ll make you a good offer for the car.
of course you can reject a car 7 to 8 months into ownership. The OP car hasn't just developed the fault it's been ongoing for months and the amount of parts that have been replaced will probably mean it's becoming uneconomical for VW to keep chucking money at it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 15 December 2019, 22:49 »

of course you can reject a car 7 to 8 months into ownership. The OP car hasn't just developed the fault it's been ongoing for months and the amount of parts that have been replaced will probably mean it's becoming uneconomical for VW to keep chucking money at it.

If they dug their heels in the onus would be on OP to prove the fault was present at purchase- and that would be very difficult

Offline Dre1973

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 15 December 2019, 22:49 »
I think thsts the problem the whole drive train has been replaced and the next thing is the engine. The car is 1 year old now but the problem started months ago. In total with other little issues it's been in the garage a total of 1 month.