Author Topic: Lead times  (Read 31072 times)

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
Lead times
« on: 20 January 2021, 19:23 »
Hi,

I’m just wondering if anyone knows what VW’s lead times are like on the Golf Clubsport? I ordered mine on Monday and was told 12 weeks which I think is a standard answer but I was wondering if COVID or this global semiconductor shortage is going to make a difference.

Cheers,
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline Kgti8

• Not said much yet
Re: Lead times
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2021, 20:16 »
Standard GTi, ordered first week of December and estimated build week is currently week 14.
2021 MK8 Manual | Oryx White, Estorils, DCC, Winter Pack, HK, Pan Roof, Rear Camera, Vienna Leather

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2021, 20:21 »
Hi,

I’m just wondering if anyone knows what VW’s lead times are like on the Golf Clubsport? I ordered mine on Monday and was told 12 weeks which I think is a standard answer but I was wondering if COVID or this global semiconductor shortage is going to make a difference.

Cheers,

Unfortunately the dealer you placed the order with hasn’t got a clue.......

GTI lead times- 30 weeks
GTD- 24 weeks
GTE- 24 weeks
GTI clubsport- 22 weeks
Golf R- 26 weeks

But this is from when you order is accepted by the factory which means should your retailer have any allocation it will get accepted. If not it will stay on there wait list until the do have allocation.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2021, 20:31 »
Thirty weeks... From order acceptance... That's mid August. Seven months.

How many people walk away when they are told figures like that? I thought the five months I waited last time was nuts.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2021, 20:41 »
Yeah that's hopeless really. Not sure I'd wait 7 months, anything can happen in that time.

I know there's a pandemic on at the moment, but it's still a poor show.  :sad:
7.5 GTD

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2021, 20:41 »
People have to weigh up perfect car spec scenario vs making compromises and accepting something in the pipeline.

Makes it impossible valuing there PX because who knows what the market might be like in 7 months time we know the used car market is great right now but it might be a different story later in the year.......

Does it turn people away yes some but not as many as you would think because once people have done the hundreds of hours of research online they are already mentally committed to getting the perfect car.

However once we tell them there car might drop £250-£300 a month in deprecation that’s £2000 less for there PX they soon consider literally anything including a more expensive car they can get sooner.
Sales Manager

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2021, 20:49 »
I'd be more worried about my current car going out of warranty and breaking at a cost of £000's, than a bit of depreciation. Everyone knows the new car would depreciate faster than the old one.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2021, 20:51 »
Yes it's more about the swap over timing for me every time. Guess it's different if you own the car or have other forms of transport in the meantime.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2021, 21:01 »
I ordered my R on 11th January  and was told 10-12 weeks. Others who have ordered at the same time have had confirmed build weeks of 6 or 7. However mine is still sitting at stage 1 “ Your order is being processed” ok the tracker and hasn’t  even been accepted by the factory yet! Find that quote worrying. Not looking good and I doubt it’ll arrive before July at the earliest.

The current lead time are absurd. If I don’t have a build date by next week it’ll getting cancelled.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2021, 21:39 by Wrex22 »

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #9 on: 20 January 2021, 21:08 »
I ordered my R on 11th January  and was told 10-12 weeks. Others who have ordered at the same time have had confirmed build weeks of 6 or 7. However mine is still sitting at stage 1 “ Your order is being processed” ok the tracker and hasn’t  even been accepted by the factory yet! Find that quote worrying. Not looking good and I doubt it’ll arrive before July at the earliest.

The current lead time are absurd. If I don’t have a build date by next week it’ll getting cancelled. I doubt the dealer will tell me the truth about a build date either as it was probably just to get a sale

Just out of interest did you order it with your local retailer or was it online over the phone with someone on carwow or drivethedeal etc?
Sales Manager