Author Topic: GTD Tornado Red  (Read 29219 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: GTD ordered
« Reply #50 on: 22 January 2015, 16:21 »
Provisional delivery date of 4th Feb and reg plate now confirmed :)
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 22 January 2015, 16:22 »
Delivered at at 8:30 this morning!! And I still haven't taken it out, I'm waiting for rush hour traffic to die down then maybe hit the A3. I have turned it over to hear the sport&sound pack though and the exhaust sounds great

You do realise you've broken the forum rules by not posting a picture of your new chariot  :rolleyes:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 04 February 2015, 12:29 »
Arrived this morning on a transporter with 7 miles on the clock

Not had a chance to drive it yet, but first impressions look good, and am very happy

Will sort out VCDS tweaks like locking beep, etc later on, along with radio station logos, etc

Offline bri

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 04 February 2015, 19:45 »
looks great :cool:hard to beat tornado red , best of luck.

MK7 GOLF GTD .CARBON STEEL GREY MET.S+S

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 04 February 2015, 20:40 »
Looking good.
The red certainly suits the GTD with the silver accents
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 05 February 2015, 19:47 »
Looks great as a 3-door and really suits the colour in that format (well that colour and Carbon Grey too of course)  :-)

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 14 February 2015, 14:26 »
Nearly 1000 miles on it already :)

Tasks today were to clean it up after trips to Dundee, Perthshire, North Aberdeenshire and Inverness this week

Then fitted gloss black mirror covers, which I think look pretty good against the red and finish off the hardwired install of the Blackvue camera I started yesterday - cabling fully hidden, and the camera is barely noticeable from outside

Video quality is great, and the viewing software can overlay speed/GPS info and display Google maps info for journeys

Offline Zayvin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #57 on: 14 February 2015, 15:54 »
Very nice phope!

Do you mind me asking where you got the mirror covers from please?

The Blackvue install looks very clean, and like you say, hardly noticeable. I have a Nextbase camera waiting to go on mine - makes me wonder if I made the right choice.
« Last Edit: 14 February 2015, 15:57 by Zayvin »

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 14 February 2015, 16:31 »
Looking for a good and discrete front/rear combo dashcam for my R (arrival May?) that can keep running while parked up, or activate when it detects a bump.

I suppose it's less discrete when it isn't hidden in front of the rear view camera (as a rear one can't be tucked away). Anyone got any suggestions?
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #59 on: 14 February 2015, 16:56 »
Very nice phope!

Do you mind me asking where you got the mirror covers from please?

The Blackvue install looks very clean, and like you say, hardly noticeable. I have a Nextbase camera waiting to go on mine - makes me wonder if I made the right choice.

I was looking around eBay UK and Germany, as you do, and actually found a set of new, unused and already painted covers on www.eBay.de for a silly cheap price, and postage was not that much to the UK

There's a few guides and posts on here about adding a fuse tap, which I used to connect a female 12v socket behind the glovebox, added a ground point as you can see with the yellow connector, then threaded the cable from behind the glovebox under the door seal, a-pillar cover and roof lining :

I just used a ignition switched 12v connection, so the camera powers on and off with the ignition - wasn't bothered about the parking camera feature

« Last Edit: 14 February 2015, 17:07 by phope »