Author Topic: Golf GTI 2019 pops and bangs?  (Read 6215 times)

Offline MOX1Y

• Just got here
Golf GTI 2019 pops and bangs?
« on: 20 May 2019, 20:00 »
Hi, I have a 2019 Golf GTI manual. I’ve had a Remus back box delete.
I was told it wouldn’t pop due to the new ppf.

Has anyone managed to get there’s to pop?

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI 2019 pops and bangs?
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2019, 20:07 »
I haven’t. Just a playful woof!

No mods though.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline MOX1Y

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2019, 20:35 »
Mine just drones at 3k revs!

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 21:52 »
I don’t think any GTI has ever really had what you’d class as proper pops and bangs. Maybe the R comes close  with the optional £3k Akrapovic exhaust. And think a Clubsport makes a few pops.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2019, 06:44 »
The childish pops and bangs have been mapped out so no newer golf will do it. The only way to have them is to remap the car and get the tuner to add a map back in.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Grahamt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2019, 11:36 »
The childish pops and bangs have been mapped out so no newer golf will do it. The only way to have them is to remap the car and get the tuner to add a map back in.

Glad I'm not the only GTI  7.5 that thinks the pops and bangs are childish.....glad my 2019 hasn't got such rubbish.
Golf 7.5 GTI, 2019MY, DSG, Atlantic blue, 90% rear tints.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2019, 12:12 »
I don’t think any GTI has ever really had what you’d class as proper pops and bangs. Maybe the R comes close  with the optional £3k Akrapovic exhaust. And think a Clubsport makes a few pops.

Mine with a Remus res Axle back instead of a DSG fart there is a good loud crack when giving it some but I wouldn't want anything more. Normal driving it is like the original exhaust but deeper. like the Fords seem to have mapped into their ECU as it would soon become tiresome.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 May 2019, 13:32 »
Glad I'm not the only GTI  7.5 that thinks the pops and bangs are childish.....glad my 2019 hasn't got such rubbish.

Welcome to the old folk’s home :grin: it’s possible to map the pops in on over-run but not sure about on gear change.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 21 May 2019, 14:38 »

Welcome to the old folk’s home :grin: it’s possible to map the pops in on over-run but not sure about on gear change.

Me too with the pipe and cardi, I like a bit of noise from the exhaust but would find the pops and crackles way too embarrassing :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 21 May 2019, 14:41 »
Our MK7 manual pops when the traction control cuts in for some reason, we have res delete :whistle:

MK7 GTi