Author Topic: Missing DSG Fart Thread  (Read 4194 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
Missing DSG Fart Thread
« on: 20 May 2019, 12:07 »
Hi all,

I only recently found out that my car doesn't have DSG farts, I thought I was just doing them wrong.

If the source is not already known, I'd be interested in putting together a thread where people post what they have, model year, gearbox etc and whether or not they have DSG farts on their car, to narrow it down to software, gearbox etc. I'd like my farts, if possible!

I have a Mk7.5 PP, registered Dec 2017 - no farts.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Missing DSG Fart Thread
« Reply #1 on: 20 May 2019, 13:25 »
There was a lot of discussion around this some time ago and basically, there is a GPF fitted to later models in 2018 so no farts.

Mine has the GPF, picked it up June 2018 but was built earlier than that as was a stock car at the lease company. Not sure if any of the early 7.5 Performance did have the farts or not. The Normal GTI did until they stopped making it pre WTLP.
« Last Edit: 20 May 2019, 13:28 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 May 2019, 13:45 »
So we know for sure it is hardware rather than software?

I've seen companies claiming that is DSG software, that's all. I saw the thread on here that linked it to the GPF, but it was all speculation. As far as I know, the R still does it, right?

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 20 May 2019, 13:58 »
Not entirely sure to be honest but I thought it was definitely linked to the GPF.

This was the previous thread so you might want to take a read.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=283230.0
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2019, 14:22 »
The Revo Crackle Map ( :rolleyes:) lists the Mk7, but makes no reference to a 7.5. I wonder if their map is all inclusive.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 20 May 2019, 14:25 »
I'm sure it became apparent that it was software and not linked to hardware. Companies were mapping the pops back in without hardware changes. To be honest it's a good thing they were deleted in my opinion  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 May 2019, 14:37 »
I'm sure it became apparent that it was software and not linked to hardware. Companies were mapping the pops back in without hardware changes. To be honest it's a good thing they were deleted in my opinion  :whistle:

And that's fair enough, each to their own.

What companies are these that you speak of?

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 20 May 2019, 15:10 »

The Revo Crackle Map ( :rolleyes:) lists the Mk7, but makes no reference to a 7.5. I wonder if their map is all inclusive.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 May 2019, 15:14 »

Revo only offer Stage 1 maps for the 245ps Mk7.5. Normally crackles come with the Stage 2 map. They also don't offer DSG maps for the 7spd DSG - they currently deem it unnecessary. Assuming you're talking about the Overrun map, that's Mk7 only, and doesn't add DSG farts. Correct me if you're talking about a different map, please :)

Any other companies that add it with stage 1? I'm currently at work, so can't really check. If it is purely software then a Stage 2 tune and downpipe shouldn't be necessary

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 20 May 2019, 16:20 »
I wasn't sure if Revo covered the 7.5, as they only make reference to the 7.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Revo pop and bang map would work with stage one, even as a standalone, but they want to make you buy the expensive product first, then offer it as an add on. Whilst they'd sell lots, they wouldn't want cars covered in Revo stickers sounding the part, but with stock performance either.