Author Topic: Electrical/Alarm/windows/interior lights  (Read 2183 times)

Offline Love_my_VW

• Just got here
Electrical/Alarm/windows/interior lights
« on: 28 May 2016, 23:49 »
Hi I have just bought a lovely little golf gti '03 as a second car to my t4...  The guy said that the phob's didn't work and that it may be a fuse... I checked this out and thought it just needed reprogramming so no biggie..
While I was pottering around in my new car earlier, I noticed that the windows didn't work and I had no interior lights.. I checked the fuse and it had popped. (yup the 10a one).  I could only find a 7.5a spare in my bits and bobs so I thought i'd try it.. I put it in, switched on the ignition and the windows worked as well as the interior lights.. Great I thought and I got out, shut the door and I pushed the button to try and lock it.. it locked! Great I thought, then as I pushed the button to open the car, all hell broke loose with the alarm.. I couldn't unlock the car with the phob, but I unlocked it manually and switched on the ignition in the hope the alarm would stop.. It didn't lol.. I even disconnected the battery of the car and it carried on making a noise for another 10min before it stopped...
I have now disconnected the sounder on the alarm (just in case) but after I had put it all back together and reconnected the battery and started it, I realised that it had blown that fuse again..
I have seen some posts pointing to the tail gate wiring, which I will check tomorrow, but is there anything else that is common for this kinda issue out there??
Any help is appreciated... Thanks, Caitlin  :kiss: xo

Offline Love_my_VW

• Just got here
Re: Electrical/Alarm/windows/interior lights
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2016, 09:30 »
Hi Again Everyone
The posts I read about the tail gate wiring were correct.. There was damage to the wiring to the tail gate.. The R/H side had two broken wires that I repaired with a new piece of wiring as well as the L/H side having two bared wires..
All seems to be fine now....  Yay!! xo

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2016, 10:00 »
Does the car flash when you lock and unlock it with fobs?
If no I would also check the micro switch states in the doors. Where in S Wales are you?
I have genuine VCDS and VCP and can do key matching to immo and learn fobs to car, windows via remote fob and general diagnostics on electronics.

It's normal that the CCM (comfort control module) does not disable the alarm when you turn ignition on, this was a change made in later VWs as you can get into them quite easily. Ignition lock and immobiliser is not very difficult to bypass.

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Love_my_VW

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2016, 07:41 »
Hi
Yes the lights do their thing now and all seems to be as it should be... I haven't connected the alarm sounder just yet after the other night but when I purposely set off the alarm to check things the lights were flashing as they should...
I am confident that the micro switches are okay  :smiley:

I am based near Llanelli, and thank you for the offer on the programming thingy... I do need to buy a couple of bits for my keys to get them sorted, but out of the two keys I have with the car one is working fully...

I took the car for its first proper drive after fixing the wiring and I am really pleased with it... I love it already!  It has been well looked after and drives like a dream with plenty of power when its needed...
As I drive my t4 most of the time, I find it rather amusing when I drive the car, I am doing 60 and it feels like 90 lol..