Author Topic: Boost dropping hugely - Recirculation valve or Wastegate?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
So another, more serious boosting problem has reared its face.

When in 5th gear / 4th gear and giving it some welly my car will boost to 22-24 psi, then occasionally (been much more frequent recently) drop the boost down to 5-10psi. It's as if the recirculation valve opens and recirculates the boost back in to the system, or on the other hand it could be the wastegate not holding boost, which is very plausible considering it's the original wastegate.

A bit of background information - 
I've got a Forge 008 with the yellow spring installed which I bought brand new in February 2016. This has also been serviced recently, which didn't solve the issue. I have also tried a forge 007 which didn't solve the soft limp mode (17705) issue I was having.

When I lift off the throttle then put my foot down again it will temporarily solve the issue. However this often doesn't last long. It can also occasionally boost to 22-24 psi, drop 2-3 psi off, then recharge back up to 22-24 psi once again (I have had this issue for a good while now but its never been serious enough to drop almost all boost).

Just seeing what others think about it. This could also be the 17705 issue I've been having, for any of you who remember my last post.

Any help is appreciated.