Author Topic: GTi 2.0l limp mode dodgy electronics  (Read 2943 times)

Offline oddyvdubs

• Just got here
GTi 2.0l limp mode dodgy electronics
« on: 23 May 2016, 22:27 »
Hi every one, brought golf..... Has limp mode. Founded some burned ground wires. Replace them. Still same p0607. Also cleaned ground wires near ecu. No changes. Than central locking not working, doors can be closed only manually. Windows also not working from centre console, but can be opened on every door and also can be opened when ignition is off and key is out of ignition. Also coolant fan works when ignition is on.  Don't know what is wrong with car. Did scan with vcds, on windows and central lockin. No respond of controller. What a hell is wrong with car? Any help will be appreciate. Thanks for ur time
OlliE

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: GTi 2.0l limp mode dodgy electronics
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2016, 08:48 »
Ccm for the windows and internal things. Or a fuse at the very least.
If its burnt earths, the loom could be melted further back to the fusebox

Offline oddyvdubs

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2016, 14:10 »
Thanks mate, probably will check all loom. All fuses and relays are good. Tested them. Just can't understand why its on a limp mode. Also spark plugs are oily after every time i run car.  :undecided:
OlliE

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2016, 15:10 »
Stem seals at a guess.
A scanner would tell you. Could be maf for limp mode.
If it turns out ccm. Ive got one that I purchased by accident for my passat.
Its for a mk4 platform car

Offline oddyvdubs

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2016, 15:38 »
Scaning come up with code p0607. I have brand new maf fitted. Also stupid fan works all time.
OlliE

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2016, 15:43 »
A quick Google says ecu problem. Doesnt mean it is but without reading through id not know.

The older golfs without earths use to fry the ecu and injector constantly chucked fuel in til it came out the airfilter

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #6 on: 25 May 2016, 10:29 »
p0607 usually refers to an internal memory fault with the engine ECU, i'd need the full vag-specific fault code number to know for sure though.
If its just the top of the plugs getting oily that will be the internal cam cover seal, not the end of the world. If its the electrodes getting oily then that kinda is the end of the world for one of these cars.. rebuilding the engine is probably going to cost more than the car is worth.
comfort/convenience issues could be a number of things, needs some proper diagnostics and circuit tests. The little hand held code readers don't go in to enough depth to monitor the ccm.

Offline oddyvdubs

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2016, 21:32 »
One of things has almost sorted. Founded out why car won't start. Lambda sensors..... And pipe betw  catalyst and manifold not properly sealed. Loosing pressure and sending wrong commands to ecu. But still got limp mode due to bad grounding somewhere. All wires around engine has been checked and some burned ones replaced. Probably gonna strip down inside to check all wires in car. About windows and centr lock, the contr module has been changed but not fitted properly.
OlliE

Offline oddyvdubs

• Just got here
« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2016, 21:34 »
Also ecu has been checked, responds and works ok
OlliE