Author Topic: Lowering springs on ECP  (Read 7096 times)

Offline gti gurl

• Not said much yet
Lowering springs on ECP
« on: 11 May 2016, 02:30 »
Hey peeps hope everyone's good.  I have had look using the search button but couldn't find anything. Has anyone heard of or even used AMAX lowering springs ? EPC are doing them on a deal for £33.12 down from 87.59 and then using discount code BOX-5 takes it down even more to £31.46. The thing that confuses me though is it says fitted quantity 1 and says for front or rear. But yet in the description part it says 45 MM  lowering Spring set 4 pcs so I don't mean to sound thick but is that for a single Spring, a pair or all 4 ?

http://www.eurocarparts.com/lowering-spring-kit

Is the link if anyone can help

Cheers Rachel :-)

Im no cactus expert but i know a prick when i see one !!!

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
Re: Lowering springs on ECP
« Reply #1 on: 11 May 2016, 05:55 »
It's a set of four.
Make sure it fits axle load as results otherwise are catastrophic (springs for a heavy VR6 don't come down low enough, springs for a light 1.4 petrol and it'll drive like an elephant on cocaine and you will hit every speed hump, not to mention your ARB).

Personally I'd probably go for the H&R kit, if I was to slam a car  :grin:
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline gti gurl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 May 2016, 11:19 »
I'm guessing they should fit as I put my reg in before searching for the springs. I've also tried looking around the for the name AMAX and a lot of people are saying they are exactly the same as APEX just a different branding name  :huh:

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2016, 18:20 »
Don't trust the licence plate thing on parts websites, they often are only too generic to model and engine.
Apex springs cost about the same as H&R..... doubt they'd sell it for a third or quarter of the price under a different brand if they were the same.

If you go for the cheap ones ask them for the rated axle loads, they should be about the same as yours (usually marginally more than what is indicated on your cars metal tag).
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline JWebb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2016, 23:16 »
Not sure if you've got these yet but I have these on my 1.8t and the drop looks like this....

When I brought the GTI it had coilovers on, the rears had seized and the fronts were not much better so brought these as a stop gap and have them with the standard struts, however I've been impressed and they've stayed on, and I won't be changing them yet! The ride is on the firm side but I also have 18s fitted. There is very little body roll and the car sits well on the road and corners and handles much better than it did, and better than the 2.0 I had on standard struts and springs previously.

For the price I've been impressed and have put about 4000 miles on them in 5 months so they're well bedded in!

Offline gti gurl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 01 June 2016, 00:31 »
No Ive not yet got them fitted as I was about to fit decat but realised one of the holes for lambda sensor had no thread in it  :angry: so has been give to a mate to see if he can tap and dye it but couldn't wait that long as he had to order a part that wouldn't be here till Friday and that's also in his own time so I thought sod it and brought a new one off eBay for 69.99 and should be being delivered tomorrow  :grin: and the springs will be next on the agenda speaking of which that ride height looks perfect and exactly what I'm after so cheers for the feedback and watch this space lol

Offline gti gurl

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 01 June 2016, 00:35 »
Ment to say Ive got 20mm spacers on the rears. Do you reckon it will clear it or will I have to lose my big fat ass lol