Author Topic: Do all mk3s' come with this type of immobilizer? Also Hello!  (Read 559 times)

Offline kitt123

• Just got here
Hey I'm new to the forum and relativly new to VW too. I bought my first golf today (a tatty little 1.4 match in bright white with more rust than the titanic which I plan on using as a project to turn into a GTI lookielike) And I noticed something peculiar about the Immobiliser which came with the car. It's a little key type jack connector (almost exactly the same connector you'd use to plug a guitar into an amp) which plugs into a socket just next to the gear stick. This then makes a slight click and allows the key to start the car. Without it, you can turn the key, but naff all happens! Just wanted to know if this was standard on golfs or if its something added later :)

Cheers

Steve

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
Re: Do all mk3s' come with this type of immobilizer? Also Hello!
« Reply #1 on: 20 January 2012, 22:34 »
Hi,welcome ,sounds like a very cheap add on,probably just makes and breaks the ignition circuit ie very basic  :smiley:

Offline kitt123

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 20 January 2012, 22:41 »
Oh and here's me thinking I had something amazingly rare :P Although it is fun to play pranks on friends by going "I bet you a pint you can't start my car"

Offline Screech16v

• I live here
  • MK3 20vt AGU
« Reply #3 on: 20 January 2012, 22:49 »
Ha ha,it probably is rare in the respect that no many people would fit one  :grin: