Author Topic: Injector upgrade  (Read 1201 times)

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
Injector upgrade
« on: 21 October 2008, 21:32 »
After speaking with R-tech about having my cars map remove and have one of theres installed they mentioned that with me having a agu engine that the injectors max out around 200bhp, so can i fit injectors off the later model engines to get me past this barrier. Also understand that its worth fitting a K03s turbo, but where is the best place to source these from?

Thanks

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
Re: Injector upgrade
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2008, 12:41 »
no the later injecters are to small

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2008, 12:53 »
You don't need to touch your injectors to get the best from your k03, the turbo is the bottleneck not the fuelling.

don't upgrade to a k03s unless your turbo is knackered.. for the extra 15-20bhp you might get its not really worth it.. and is money that could be better spent elsewhere. If you get one cheap/free and can fit it all yourself (remember its not a direct fit, inlet pipe needed also) then it might be worth it.. but even then you don't need uprated injectors, just a 4bar fuel pressure regulator from audi S3/TT to make them work harder.

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2008, 17:10 »
can i fit a adjustable FPR as these are more common to get holdd off and also can fit a gauge to tell me pressure.

Also, your basically saying that to get past the 200bhp mark then i just need to upgrade the FPR. Take it the standard K03 can make 220-230bhp?

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2008, 17:16 »
no mate, k03 is at its limit already with the standard injectors/fpr.. no point upgrading the fuelling for that turbo.