Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529462 times)

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #30 on: 07 August 2015, 11:49 »
Rebecca, this might be perfect for you.  :grin:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=365432
« Last Edit: 07 August 2015, 11:51 by Blackmass »

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 07 August 2015, 12:51 »
Rebecca, this might be perfect for you.  :grin:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=365432

Haha Blackmass  :grin: I have those signs in abundance as well as my own home made massive sign.  Was just caught out this time around - too many other things on my mind!!!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 07 August 2015, 21:47 »
Here's hoping that their 'efforts' haven't left their mark!! Both on the car and emotionally!! The thought of another washing my car!! ... Shudder!!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 07 August 2015, 23:52 »
Here's hoping that their 'efforts' haven't left their mark!! Both on the car and emotionally!! The thought of another washing my car!! ... Shudder!!

I've no doubt I'll be attributing every scratch I come across to this fateful event (even if some might have been there before  :wink:).  :laugh:

One thing I have noticed is my recently de-swirled DA polished B pillars, particularly on the passenger side, have new scratches  :angry: Will have to do them all over again!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 06 September 2015, 16:12 »
Car got a well needed maintenance wash today. Standard affair using the following products:
Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash
Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
WoWo Wash Mitt
WoWo Drying Towels
Wheel Woolies
WoWo Wheel Mitt
WoWo Microfibres
WoWo Glass Cloth
CarPro Eraser
Sonax BSD
Mothers Metal Polish

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 06 September 2015, 16:52 »
Car got a well needed maintenance wash today. Standard affair using the following products:
Valet Pro Citrus Pre-Wash
Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
WoWo Wash Mitt
WoWo Drying Towels
Wheel Woolies
WoWo Wheel Mitt
WoWo Microfibres
WoWo Glass Cloth
CarPro Eraser
Sonax BSD
Mothers Metal Polish

Your car looks awesome Dan. :cool:  Fantastic Tornado Red shine.  Few colours match TR in the shine stakes when properly looked after. A real credit to you.  :cool:

How do find the Sonax BSD?

Liking the WoWo stuff then?  It's top quality isn't it.  It's really hard to pick a favourite of the WoWo stuff but if I had to it would be the wash mitt and micro fibres.  I can't remember how I managed without their micro fibres, so versatile and THE best by far for buffing off hard wax.

Reminds me I need to reorder some Mothers. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 06 September 2015, 21:43 »
Thanks Bec  :smiley:

Still undecided on whether I prefer BSD or Gtechniq C2v3. They both give very similar results looks wise, BSD I find gives really nice beading, better than the C2v3, but it's not as nice to apply. BSD is thicker in consistency and can be almost 'smeary' if you aren't careful, whereas the Gtechniq is far easier to work with. I'm just chopping and changing between the two. Maybe I'll have a new favourite when I try CarPro Reload for the winter, who knows!

Yeah I really can't praise the WoWo stuff enough to be honest. The Wash Mitt in particular is fantastic and even after loads of use looks the same as brand new! Microfibres and drying towel are equally as brilliant and I'm so happy that I won that WoWo package in the competition as I won't use another brand after sampling how good their kit is! Neil and the team, I salute you!

Speaking of Mothers, i managed to drop my pot on the drive earlier and was rewarded with a series of cracks all through it  :angry:. It's currently being held together with a nitrile glove haha but will have to see how long that fix lasts!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 07 September 2015, 07:52 »
I'm thinking of giving the CarPro Reload a go this winter too Dan.  Heard great things about it and seen some amazing beading shots on cars with it.  Looking forward now to getting my hands, and some decent winter protection on the new car.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #38 on: 07 September 2015, 13:17 »
I have been using a sample size of C2v3 and have been very impressed. The Sonax product it so much cheaper - or am I looking at the wrong thing?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007O9CXHI
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #39 on: 07 September 2015, 13:38 »
Cheaper, but doesn't last quite as long and doesn't give quite such a nice glossy look.

For another alternative look at Carpro Reload, if you havn't already.

:wink:

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.