Author Topic: First ever Golf GTI and lease  (Read 7110 times)

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
First ever Golf GTI and lease
« on: 20 February 2019, 08:00 »
Well as the title says this is my first ever Golf and looking forward very much to getting it hopefully next month, coming from a Audi A1 1.4 TFSI to a Golf GTI 245 DSG Performance so should be a nice step up.

Stock white 5 door on a 2 year lease with maintenance

Owned a Leon Cupra FR 2009, Audi TTS 2008, so will be nice to have a faster car again.

Roll on March  :grin:09

Anything to look out for when it arrives apart from the usual (marks, scratches) ?

VW Golf GTI 245 Performance (MY19)
Solid White
No extra's

6 + 23 months with maintenance for £278
5000 miles per annum
« Last Edit: 20 February 2019, 08:04 by daleski »

Online Guzzle

• I live here
Re: First ever Golf GTI and lease
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2019, 08:14 »
Make sure they give the sd card for the nav. VWFS charge £300 if you hand back the car without it. 
7.5 GTD

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 20 February 2019, 08:21 »
Well as the title says this is my first ever Golf and looking forward very much to getting it hopefully next month, coming from a Audi A1 1.4 TFSI to a Golf GTI 245 DSG Performance so should be a nice step up.

Stock white 5 door on a 2 year lease with maintenance

Owned a Leon Cupra FR 2009, Audi TTS 2008, so will be nice to have a faster car again.

Roll on March  :grin:09

Anything to look out for when it arrives apart from the usual (marks, scratches) ?

VW Golf GTI 245 Performance (MY19)
Solid White
No extra's

6 + 23 months with maintenance for £278
5000 miles per annum

You won’t be disappointed, had mine for 2 months now, just done over 1100 miles, so pretty much run in - loving it.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 20 February 2019, 08:51 »
@Guzzle definitely won't be forgetting to check that

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 February 2019, 09:52 »
Make sure you get some mats as it should come with proper Golf ones. Also you should get a iphone cable but I've had 2 GTI on lease and neither has had the cable.

Other than that, enjoy. Great car!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 February 2019, 10:22 »
Right so mats and sdcard for maps, got it :D

Now just waiting on the lease company to let me know a delivery date which will be sometime in March, my only concern is I have stipulated I want the reversing camera which they have said it does come with so let's see if it's true or an older model which is banked and going cheap.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 February 2019, 10:46 »
Oh and check the boot to see if the space saver wheel and jack are both there. That's another thing it's harder to argue after you've driven away.
7.5 GTD

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 February 2019, 11:03 »
Also you should get a iphone cable
Not anymore you don't, VAG group stopped that a year or so ago due to the difficulties with non-approved accessories and apple blocking cables that weren't theirs.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 February 2019, 11:31 »
Right so mats and sdcard for maps, got it :D

Now just waiting on the lease company to let me know a delivery date which will be sometime in March, my only concern is I have stipulated I want the reversing camera which they have said it does come with so let's see if it's true or an older model which is banked and going cheap.

Probably a '19 model cancelled order so fingers crossed you'll have the extra options  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline daleski

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 20 February 2019, 11:55 »
All this WLTP has made things very confusing with cars that are banked with old/new spec or some new spec!. Originally I was looking at the R but the higher insurance, thefts etc put me off.

I did play devils advocate and ask them what happens if the car does not meet my specification but he seemed very confident it's the latest WLTP model with all the extra's which are now standard.

Car should be delivered to an address of my choosing so need to make sure the delivery guy sticks around so I can give it a thorough check before signing any documents.