Author Topic: Mk7 R Estate  (Read 9459 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Mk7 R Estate
« Reply #50 on: 23 November 2014, 22:43 »
i think it needs the 90% drug dealer tints to help the sides and rear

when I see an image of it i see it with step ladders tied to the roof and ACME Alarms & Security plastered on the side driven by a guy with a short sleeved shirt in school blue and a clip on tie who has inadvertently managed to get on the ring

:grin:  That sums it up totally.  I'm expecting the house alarm guy to turn up in one on his next visit.

As for car pecking order, who cares what other people think you can or cannot afford.  Drive what you want, not what you think other people think you should drive.  The day I give a toss what others think about my car (or anything else for that matter) is the day I give up.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2014, 22:45 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 24 November 2014, 08:12 »
I like the r estate. The r hatch back is and will always be better looking as will most hatch backs over estates. When I recently changed my car for an estate the salesman showed me a golf estate and to be honest it wasn't big enough for my needs. It's horses for courses ford have done it with the st and Volkswagen are getting on the bandwagon and doing the same. The choice is yours and anyone that looks at what you have or driving well ain't worth bothering with  :smiley: Charlie
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 24 November 2014, 10:45 »
I like the look of the Golf Estate, especially in .:R trim. But then I do like an estate car, hence choosing to drive a diesel Passat day to day. Having had a good poke around a mates new Skoda Superb yesterday, as a family car, I don't think you can go far wrong with one of them. It's funny how times have changed tho'. 25 years ago, a Mk2 Golf was considered to be a perfectly acceptable family car.

These opinions about buyers settling for VW's because they can't afford to buy BMW's, Mercedes etc are utter tosh. My job takes me to the homes of the landed gentry and whilst some whose wealth is probably that of every forum member here put together many times over, they choose to drive around in VW's and Subaru's. All bought new, maintained fastidiously and kept until they fall apart. They have no interest in cars. They just want something that they can ride around in that isn't going to need replacing anytime soon as buying cars is just a bore they can do without.

A belated welcome back anyway Asker. It's like you never left.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 24 November 2014, 12:12 »
Thanks dubber36.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 24 November 2014, 19:39 »

These opinions about buyers settling for VW's because they can't afford to buy BMW's, Mercedes etc are utter tosh. My job takes me to the homes of the landed gentry and whilst some whose wealth is probably that of every forum member here put together many times over, they choose to drive around in VW's and Subaru's. All bought new, maintained fastidiously and kept until they fall apart. They have no interest in cars. They just want something that they can ride around in that isn't going to need replacing anytime soon as buying cars is just a bore they can do without.

I think this is true.  It's the 'new money' brigade that tend to buy into this car brand hierarchy bolloxs.  You can spot them a mile off.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 24 November 2014, 20:11 »
it is the aspirational world we live in where no longer is a clio good enough and you have to have a captur in order to keep up with the jones on the school run where it is all about the lifestyle

we go through these lifestyle phases of people carriers soft roaders and all that and for me the good old estate does the job better than any of them but in order for them to be perceived cool they give them the tags of shooting brake etc

agree with you booth which is why i love driving the Polo, i had a bogo standard Up! today and what a hoot to drive but not for the cool kids

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 25 November 2014, 08:12 »
What amuses me is when people post pictures of their fancy pants financed car, parked outside the sort of house that wouldn't look out of place on a Channel 4 documentary. And I don't mean Grand Designs.

Wigit, I'm with you on the up!. I had one for a couple of days, it was brilliant. The best fun I've had driving a car in years, especially when I found a gate into the forestry open.  :evil:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #57 on: 25 November 2014, 10:58 »
dubber36 & wigit:
Another Up! fan. Just love it to bits. So space efficient and such a hoot driving in town whizzing in and out of traffic. Also, pretty excellent on the motorway. A really classy and classless runabout.

Offline andrewparker

• Here all the time
« Reply #58 on: 25 November 2014, 13:34 »
See Mercedes are getting in on the act too - http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=31238

Current – Mk7 Golf R, Night Blue, 5dr, Manual / Mk7.5 Golf R, Indium Grey, Estate, DSG

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 25 November 2014, 13:52 »
See Mercedes are getting in on the act too - http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=31238

2014 Droopy Arse Award winner.