Author Topic: wonky windows!  (Read 2277 times)

kniterider

wonky windows!
« on: 30 June 2003, 11:19 »
im sure on here ive seen other people with mk4 golf with the same problem!, the white clips that are attached to the cables and lift the window glass break!, mine broke yesterday, have managed to get window up and wedge it, my mrs has taken it to vw today where i will be relieved of a fair bit of cash!, apparently vw uk will not admit it is a problem and they replace the whole lifting assembly, how ever vw usa have admited theres a problem and recalled all 850,000+ golfs and replace the plastic clips with metal ones, these come as a repair kit, i have emailed them today to find out the partnumbers and cost and how much to ship here, its rumoured to be around $43 for parts bowt ?24! how cheap! so i dont mind payin a bit of postage! will let you all know there reply hopefully later today! if vw uk will not upgrade same as usa, im thinking of having all 3dr+5dr metal clips sent over and having copies made and will sell em at a resonable price! will let ya know.

PS it will happen to you!, i was going to lincoln yesterday, got there clip broke, window not coming up, couldnt leave car in car park so went home! ruined me day! so im gonna get this prob sorted! i begrudge the money the wife is spending on having it repaired today but got to be done and i cant be arsed gluing and cable tying,

Offline LiQuOrIcE

• Just got here
Re:wonky windows!
« Reply #1 on: 30 June 2003, 12:44 »
That would be cool, although they do get replaced free by vw under warranty.

Also, i dont know of any 5 door golf that have had this problem yet? think its the fact 3door doors are sooo big, its a lot of glass to be held by a plastic clip

kniterider

Re:wonky windows!
« Reply #2 on: 30 June 2003, 14:10 »
mines a 1999 gti 3dr just out of warranty! the wifes just rung! ouch! your never gonna believe this! ?198!!!!!!!!!!!! all because of a clip!