Author Topic: Brand new or Leased  (Read 7936 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Brand new or Leased
« Reply #10 on: 12 July 2017, 11:16 »
My new GTI is run as a leased company car, came via a small broker the but the actual deal is with ALD who are well known. 

Most lease deals are through bigger companies and just offered out by smaller brokers so chances are when it time to return the car, you will be dealing with a reputable company.

We have 7 lease cars at work, and had not really seen any big bills when returning a car unless drive by a very careless driver (director's wife!). My colleague recently returned his Mk7 GTD which was a personal lease and had no extra charges. In 20k miles he out on 1 set of tyres and had a service.

Think the biggest question as already mentioned is how long you intend to keep the car.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 12 July 2017, 11:21 »
If you haven't already gone for the lease - do it quick!
Think there may be a few cars left at the reduced prices.

Way better than the PCP option and yes there are uncertainties over buying new and then trade in values after 2-3 years.
My thinking is that this may be the last chance to get a decent brand new car for under £300 per month before all this Brexit crap happens!
There could be major changes for the car industry in a couple of years - so waiting to see how it plays out.

Will probably go with the 2 year lease and then save up to buy something decent on the 2nd hand market.

No point buying new at the moment - you will get a much better deal on a used MK7 PP or Clubsport (and lose less in depreciation).

Without wanting to start a debate but how is brexit going to make a difference? You think VW or any other European car maker are going to try putting people off buying their cars? Look at the spec on a performance Golf here compared to Germany, they are throwing a lot of extras at the cars to get their best customers outside Germany to buy their cars.

If you're talking about interest rates then blame the bankers that got the country into the state it's in for the last 10 years. Ironically those bankers will most probably be buying cars from Germany or Italy with their bonuses for loosing money, still.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline faisal_uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 12 July 2017, 11:56 »
Without wanting to start a debate but how is brexit going to make a difference? You think VW or any other European car maker are going to try putting people off buying their cars? Look at the spec on a performance Golf here compared to Germany, they are throwing a lot of extras at the cars to get their best customers outside Germany to buy their cars.

If you're talking about interest rates then blame the bankers that got the country into the state it's in for the last 10 years. Ironically those bankers will most probably be buying cars from Germany or Italy with their bonuses for loosing money, still.

Well no ones what will happen - but I think they will do a separate deal for car makers to keep everyone happy in the long term.
Obviously we build and export a lot of cars here, so manufacturers won't want costs to go up.

I just meant that in my opinion the uncertainty will probably force prices up and especially if the Euro value goes down. Already seen list prices increasing year on year - but yes I agree they are throwing more in to the cars and offering better discounts.

It is the tax situation which is also annoying! Maybe the Germans will have to stop with the stupid RRP values so that they can bring their cars in under the new £40K additional tax rate!
Small things like this which are pushing up the prices.

The Golf has gone up £500 over 2 years on the lease I took out (and that is just from the last quarter)

Offline Jinkygenius7

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 13 July 2017, 14:19 »
Hi guys need some advice. Been offered a gti on a 1*23 deal at £285. Is this a competitive quote? Thanks in advance.

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 13 July 2017, 15:20 »
Hi guys need some advice. Been offered a gti on a 1*23 deal at £285. Is this a competitive quote? Thanks in advance.

5dr or 3dr? Manual or dsg?

Depends on spec and mileage allowance, but doesn't seem too bad to me.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jinkygenius7

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 13 July 2017, 17:38 »
5 Dr, manual it is. I don't fancy the dsg at the moment. 67 plate and obviously on PCH. I've tried many sites and there's not much in them at all. Cheers for the reply.

Offline Jinkygenius7

• Just got here
« Reply #16 on: 13 July 2017, 17:43 »
10k it is and standard spec

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 13 July 2017, 19:11 »
Is it the standard black Rubin paint? Not a spectacular price but pretty much on the mark for current pricing.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Online Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 13 July 2017, 19:26 »
They were available for about £205 per month on 6+23 at the beginning of 2nd quarter, but they all went in 24 hours. Not sure if/when we'll see them that cheap again, but current prices are the cheapest they've been since. They're usually somewhere around the £280 to £300 per month mark on 6+23 unless VW do a special promotion.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jinkygenius7

• Just got here
« Reply #19 on: 13 July 2017, 19:45 »
That's on black yes and any other colour it's 8 quid dearer I'm sure. I think I'm going to go with it for the 2 years and see how I get on.

Still undecided whether to go lease or pcp but I'll need to make my mind up quick as a few leasing companies I called today don't have the white which I would prefer.