Author Topic: Car Net  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Peter_S

• Not said much yet
Re: Car Net
« Reply #10 on: 07 March 2019, 19:51 »
kmpowell & others, thanks for sharing all this with us.

I'm learning a lot about Car-Net and, how to find out the year of your model!  Brilliant.

I had Car-Net installed by a dealer on my MY16 (oh dear) a couple of years ago now so I've not got the Security & Service functionality.

I love the news function and the weather is very accurate - and nice to see if its raining at the place you're driving to :-)

I also find sending Nav destinations from home to the car useful - saves time plugging them in when you get in the car. 
We're house hunting at the moment so its good for that when you're going to view a property.

Peter_S
MY16 5-door Carbon Grey DSG PP DCC Michelin PS4S (March 2019) on 19” Santiagos Discover Media (Gen 2) Car-Net App-Connect (Apple CarPlay)

Offline Deano07

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 07 March 2019, 22:38 »
Cheers for all the info lads. I.ll have a look tomorrow
Audi 2017 S4 Saloon. VW 2018 T Roc  soon to go

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 08 March 2019, 23:54 »
I registered but says l need WLAN????

Wireless Local Area Network. Just setup a hotspot on your mobile and connect the car to that and you’re away.

Interestingly my dealer told me they no longer bother with Car-Net and only really push it for used car buyers which seems rather odd. I registered it anyway and appear to have three years free subscription. I’ll have a play with it over the weekend. And the Car-Net ;-)
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 11 March 2019, 09:37 »
Whereabouts is the SIM card located?
For MY19> it's an eSIM, not a SIM.

VW won't (I think they simply can't) confirm to me where it is embedded, but from my research so far it's either in the Discover headunit, or up in the cluster by the SOS button.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.