Author Topic: Low fuel warning  (Read 1504 times)

Jimmymature

Low fuel warning
« on: 09 April 2011, 17:07 »

Hi all, is it possible to increase the miles before the fuel warning comes up?  My old Audi used to warn me at 50 miles, but the GTI only gives me a warning at only 30 miles.

Help and advice is as always appreciated.

Jim

Offline DRC

• Here all the time
Re: Low fuel warning
« Reply #1 on: 09 April 2011, 20:41 »
Mine is always dependent on the fuel gauge.
For instance, sometimes mine will come on when the fuel gauge hits the red, and yet I have 55 miles left, other times it has been as low as 25, I think it also uses your mpg to calculate it.
'13 Audi A3 8V S-Line - Dakota Grey - 2.0TDI 150 - MMI Plus Nav - Bang&Olufsen - Comfort Pack - LED Lighting Pack - Comms Pack - Model and Technology Badge Deletion

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 09 April 2011, 20:53 »
Mine is always dependent on the fuel gauge.
For instance, sometimes mine will come on when the fuel gauge hits the red, and yet I have 55 miles left, other times it has been as low as 25, I think it also uses your mpg to calculate it.

Dan: You literally took the words out of my mouth. :smiley:

BTW: Don't leave here even if you get rid of the Golf.  :wink:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2011, 00:45 »
Everytime mine comes on when it hits the red I click miles left and it always says 50. Obviously Jim has a GTI which uses more fuel than ours thats why is says 30 miles.

You can change the calibration of the fuel gauge with VCDS How to adjust an inaccurate mpg reading on your Volkswagen Jetta or Golf TDI
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.