Author Topic: Roof rack suggestions please!  (Read 2464 times)

Offline Connor1409

• Not said much yet
Roof rack suggestions please!
« on: 25 March 2017, 12:08 »
Hi all.
I'm waiting for the delivery of my GTI (5 door), so obviously time is crawling by and i've read every review of the car on the internet 3 times, watched the club sport on last weeks topcoat 4 times and so on!

I'm considering getting into Kayaking so would need roof bars, does anyone have any they'd suggest? (or even want to sell!)

Thanks,

Connor.

Offline Mustabuster

• Not said much yet
Re: Roof rack suggestions please!
« Reply #1 on: 30 March 2017, 15:59 »
I went with Thule wing-bars which I got from roofbox.co.uk.

I originally bought them for my mk 6 diesel golf. When I swapped over to the new car I just needed to change the footrest part of the kit.

The fitting is pretty easy but the instructions are a bit naff, similar to Ikea furniture. Just diagrams but no text except some measurements.
Jan '17: Golf mk7 GTI PP
5 dr, DSG, Carbon Grey, 19" Santiago wheels.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: Roof rack suggestions please!
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2017, 00:06 »
Hi all.
I'm waiting for the delivery of my GTI (5 door), so obviously time is crawling by and i've read every review of the car on the internet 3 times, watched the club sport on last weeks topcoat 4 times and so on!

I'm considering getting into Kayaking so would need roof bars, does anyone have any they'd suggest? (or even want to sell!)

Thanks,

Connor.

Connor, I've got a set of genuine Thule roof bars off my Mk6 Golf. Not sure which model yours will be?  If you're interested I can check out prices / delivery?

Cheers
Buck