Author Topic: ACC question  (Read 1312 times)

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
ACC question
« on: 15 May 2021, 23:08 »
I have a virtually standard 2019 GTi, but when I'm using the ACC and have the picture of the car on the road in the AID occasionally I also see a picture of a second car slightly in front of mine on the right-hand side likes it's overtaking.

To me it's something I would expect if I had a 'blind-spot' monitor warning me that a car was next to me.

I only see it for a second and then it's gone.

What is it? and is it telling me something?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline wolly440

• Not said much yet
Re: ACC question
« Reply #1 on: 15 May 2021, 23:15 »
undertaking, it's warning you don't do it. If it was up to me you should get an electric shock through the steering wheel for doing it

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 15 May 2021, 23:38 »
???

The cars are going past me on the right.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 16 May 2021, 05:35 »
The ACC picks cars in the lane in front and slows you down depending on the distance you set. If there is a car to your right and you are approaching faster with nothing in front to slow you down your speed will drop to match to prevent undertaking as mentioned by Wolly440. You can override this and keep ACC engaged by a quick tap on the throttle.  Say for instance you were in a lane on motorway for exit and main traffic is slower.

If cars are passing you on the right the system will pick that up and show you the car but won’t slow you down otherwise your brakes would be applying all the time which isn’t a good idea. And as they are going faster there is no need to apply.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline goldenboy94

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 20 May 2021, 22:56 »
You can override this and keep ACC engaged by a quick tap on the throttle.  Say for instance you were in a lane on motorway for exit and main traffic is slower.

I had figured out about the undertaking but I did not know you could over ride this with a quick tap of the throttle. Useful tip!

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2021, 20:27 »
You can override this and keep ACC engaged by a quick tap on the throttle.  Say for instance you were in a lane on motorway for exit and main traffic is slower.

I had figured out about the undertaking but I did not know you could over ride this with a quick tap of the throttle. Useful tip!

Welcome. Not so much undertaking but passing slower moving traffic to the left 🤣

You’ll notice the graphic of the car to your right will vanish when you tap the throttle. It will then get back up to the set speed.
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2021, 17:10 »
Yeah I found the way to stop this years ago with obdeleven, they made it into a app (not worth 10 credits tho, as it only took me 10 minutes to sort and test and is only one switch)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7 on: 24 May 2021, 17:15 »
You disabled the anti-undertake from ACC  :shocked: :shocked:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC