Author Topic: Best recorded MPG for GTI  (Read 11417 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Best recorded MPG for GTI
« Reply #50 on: 22 August 2018, 09:25 »
Sure this is a all for fun but seriously. It's a GTI. Enjoy it!

+1. If you consistently want 50+ mpg then buy a GTD.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 22 August 2018, 12:05 »
Had two of them thanks very much. Now have a GTI. Thanks for telling that I'm doing it all wrong by driving my GTI sensibly. I wasn't aware that the rules were you had to drive it balls out and like a knob all the time ?

Mistakenly I thought it was a car of two halves on one side a B road blaster and huge fun, and on the other a sensible frugal motorway mile muncher (much like my old GTD's).

Sorry for letting the side down.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 22 August 2018, 12:20 »
Well as there's no manual GTD anymore, it's useful to me to know what the GTi is capable of if driven sensibly  :smiley:
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 22 August 2018, 14:53 »
Had two of them thanks very much. Now have a GTI. Thanks for telling that I'm doing it all wrong by driving my GTI sensibly. I wasn't aware that the rules were you had to drive it balls out and like a knob all the time ?

Mistakenly I thought it was a car of two halves on one side a B road blaster and huge fun, and on the other a sensible frugal motorway mile muncher (much like my old GTD's).

Sorry for letting the side down.

Don't think anyone said anything about you doing anything wrong so calm yourself down.

It's an interesting topic. But if you buy a GTI and constantly worry about fuel consumption, you've bought the wrong car.

SRGTD should have actually said go and buy yourself a 1.2 TSI instead!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 22 August 2018, 15:04 »
I think the point here is that, certainly in my case, I want a car that is fun, exciting and quick but the problem is much of the time I'm going to be commuting and would ideally not want to pay out loads in fuel when I can do no more than potter about. Fine if you have the space and finances for something to play with and something for the mundane but since I can't (I have room for 1 on the drive and we have 2 cars so a third is out of the question) so although I'm not exactly obsessed with economy, I do keep an eye on it and am pleased when I can get a decent figure. But when I get the chance to enjoy driving, then it really doesn't matter. The GTI covers it all rather well :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 22 August 2018, 15:30 »
It seems as though some people on the forum are getting a bit handy with criticising and commenting personally about other people. Would people still speak the same way if they were face to face with that same person?? Probably not.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 22 August 2018, 16:22 »
It seems as though some people on the forum are getting a bit handy with criticising and commenting personally about other people. Would people still speak the same way if they were face to face with that same person?? Probably not.

Agreed!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey