Author Topic: VW Penny pinching  (Read 4547 times)

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
Re: VW Penny pinching
« Reply #10 on: 10 March 2019, 08:07 »

There’s a cover over the boot side of part of the centre seatback hinge that’s been deleted.

Does anyone know the part number for this please?
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 10 March 2019, 20:49 »
Oh...to add to my list... the 'ash tray' in front of the gear lever which is now a smartphone holder... is it just my car, or does anyone else have a problem with this sometimes catching on something and doesn't open properly?  it's not the cable as I tried it with nothing in it.  Loathe to take it into the dealers as they'd probably put mud all over my mats and scuff my door sills and still not be able to fix it, so I'll probably live with it.  It's not that much of a problem, just needs a prod to make it open rather than springing up itself.  On the subject, I wish it had a slightly more tactile feel and wasn't in that horrid black gloss plastic  :sick:  :grin:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 10 March 2019, 21:25 »
Yes my phone tray can be a bit temperamental at times too. Usually though the times it doesn't open properly are usually when I don't quite catch the silver edging  or I don't give it a long enough press.
7.5 GTD

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 March 2019, 22:55 »

There’s a cover over the boot side of part of the centre seatback hinge that’s been deleted.

Just had a look, as I’ve already liberated mine, to go into my new PP.
It’s  5GO 886. 197

Hopefully, it’s still obtainable!
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 12 March 2019, 15:53 »

Just had a look, as I’ve already liberated mine, to go into my new PP.
It’s  5GO 886. 197

Hopefully, it’s still obtainable!

Thanks for that 👍
Just had a look on eBay and they are available and the seller is a VAG dealer £12.99 seems to be the going rate for a new one and £6.99 for a “pre loved” one
Do you have a photo of it? There are a couple of different base designs I have seen one is square the other is like an arc. TIA

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2019, 22:15 »
Mine is square.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2019, 22:21 »