Author Topic: VR6 Clutch Cable 02A Box  (Read 1664 times)

Offline -scott-

• Not said much yet
VR6 Clutch Cable 02A Box
« on: 03 August 2008, 17:44 »
Hey,

so im getting on with the VR6 conversion into my mark 3 colour concept and i had bought a cable clutch conversion kit to save me changing over the pedal box to make it hydraulic.
Anyways to day the new clutch cable snapped which came with it but im not sure which cable to buy to replace it.

Its an 02A box vr6 standard but is now running cable clutch mechanism.Does anyone know what cable i should be buying?

The one that came with the kit was off a mrk 1 or 2 i think but i had to modify it to fit.Happy to do this again if needed but thought there might be a correct cable out there for the mrk 3 to save me modifying the cable connectors to pedal etc.

Any help appreciated

Scott
Mrk 3 Golf VR6 Colour Concept

Offline grimmer

• Not said much yet
  • www.check-light-on.co.uk
Re: VR6 Clutch Cable 02A Box
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2008, 19:49 »
i know there is two different clutch cables listed for the mk3 gti, they are indentical, but one is slightly shorter than the other, going on the chassis number, perhaps it was too tight and snapped?
MK3 GOLF GTI 8V  now converted to 16v!!

Offline -scott-

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2008, 19:53 »
The normal gti clutch cables will not fit the conversion kit.Its a totally differnt cable.If it was the normal gti cable i still have that from the box n block i took out but sadly its differnt.

The cable wasnt being used when it snapped it was caused by a silly mistake and not any fault of the car or cable but just me.

I think its off a mrk 1 or 2 i need but just checking.I think its something silly like a 1.3 litre mark 1 clutch or something
Mrk 3 Golf VR6 Colour Concept

Offline grimmer

• Not said much yet
  • www.check-light-on.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2008, 20:13 »
ok, my mate has a mk1 golf, with a 1.8t engine in it, hes using the 02a box, ill ask him what clutch cable hes using, hes converted it to hydraulic with a cable, not sure but think he may of said something about a seat toledo or ibiza 1.6 or something, will find out for sure.
MK3 GOLF GTI 8V  now converted to 16v!!