Author Topic: is this on??  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
Re: is this on??
« Reply #20 on: 19 November 2010, 12:54 »
Mine has cost me £460 so far and is just about ready for an mot, the body work isn't too bad, got some slight bubbling under the rear windows I'm not sure what to do about, and the drivers side sill needed patching when I got it (which I've now had done), its done 100,000 miles and came with good tyres,quite a lot of recent servicing and a pretty good stereo. The rear wiper arm has been snapped off and the passenger side arm doesn't wipe properly, I've still got a spare motor mechanism and arms etc from a 1.4 golf I scrapped 2 years ago that will go on though.
I'm not normally a fan of tinted windows either, but the tinting of the windows is so light on mine I didn't actually realise they were till about the 5th time I saw it whilst fixing various things.
Atm I love the look of it how it is, my side repeaters are already smoked and having clear indicators and front fogs on a Golf for the first time is pleasing enough not to want to tint them. I cant really think of anything else to do cosmetically that goes with this colour, The VR6 splitter is on the list though.
Your 2nd picture down is my favourite, when the sun catches the colour it looks so good.
I have a mystic blue (purple) 1.4 golf that has the gti lights and trim and bbs ra's that I'm using till next year some time which makes sense with insurance and tax.
Non cosmetic plans for mine are coilovers and a full polybush kit next summer when I start to use it.
Gunna see what shadypioneers looks like now.
Cheers
Adrian

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #21 on: 19 November 2010, 13:56 »
Shady's is pearl grey, not storm grey like i thought previously.

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 19 November 2010, 16:50 »
oh rite, so still unsure what mine is then? it looks more like the pearl grey (shady's) tbh, but I'm not sure....

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
  • The golf is dead :(
« Reply #23 on: 19 November 2010, 20:57 »
hmm right, i dunno then mate, i thought shady's was storm grey like mine, man photos can be deceiving

cheers wayne, im happy with how she's looking now, thing is tho, ive been offered a 16v engine ....... but not sure if i can afford to get the changeover done (dammit)

but adrian man, your golf is looking spot on ...... hope the MOT goes good so you can get driving her
with the paint bubbling, give the forum search a go, there is bound to be something on here. may involve stripping it down to the metal and respraying though

i got a vr6 splitter spare in the garage if you want it, £15 delivered, or u can get one on eurowagens.com for £20+ p&p

Staceman ' i struggle not to w**k over that jetta sometimes '

Golf Mk3 Gti 8v 96 Storm Grey - Dead

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 20 November 2010, 10:58 »
Hey that would be awesome, is it original be or aftermarket? I'm not to worried as long as it fits well.
Cheers,
Adrian

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 20 November 2010, 16:18 »
its a replica of a original vr6 part ..... its not made by vw tho

fits perfect mate, mines on my car now, no probs at all. no screws. literally old one unclips and this one clips in piece of piss

you want it yeh?

Offline Adezmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 20 November 2010, 18:51 »
yes please m8, looks much better.
can you pm me your paypal or however you want paying and il pm my address?
Cheers

Offline -danisdubbin-

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 20 November 2010, 22:06 »
sure mate, i will get on it a.s.a.p

the part is at my house in uni, but ive popped home for the weekend, but im back there on monday so will message ya then boss