Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529493 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #110 on: 25 October 2015, 16:52 »
^^
Looks great Rob. :cool:

The pink fluid looks similar to Chemical Guys Speed Wipe (which is best QD I've tried so far, never any streaks and a dream to use). 

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-sprays/chemical-guys-speed-wipe/prod_180.html

Maybe it's all the same stuff just different labels/bottles.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 25 October 2015, 16:54 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline BadcarEurope

• Just got here
« Reply #111 on: 30 October 2015, 11:19 »
Really great work :) looks fine, even in this non-sunny days :)
The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror with a cop in it.

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #112 on: 30 October 2015, 11:42 »
Here's a couple of photos I took yesterday of ODK Entourage...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #113 on: 30 October 2015, 12:07 »
^^^
Nice beading.  :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Blackmass

• Not said much yet
« Reply #114 on: 30 October 2015, 13:44 »
Thanks Rebecca. I'm very impressed with the ODK quick detailer.
I've just checked the weather forecast for the weekend and it's looking promising.
All being well I'll start my first Winter prep tomorrow morning. I'm going to start getting my 'bits' together this afternoon.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #115 on: 30 October 2015, 14:11 »
Thanks Rebecca. I'm very impressed with the ODK quick detailer.
I've just checked the weather forecast for the weekend and it's looking promising.
All being well I'll start my first Winter prep tomorrow morning. I'm going to start getting my 'bits' together this afternoon.

Hope the weather holds for your winter detail Rob.  Look forward to seeing the results.

Just a wash for mine think weekend and another cost of wax if time permit.  Also claying some of the Amarok - that's a job and a half.  :shocked:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #116 on: 31 October 2015, 17:06 »
Disappointing effort today. I wanted to get one or preferably two coats of wax on but I left it a bit late. By the time I'd got home from work and had lunch it was about 3. I had to wash the wheels, then the car and dry it off so by then the sun was going in. Got the bonnet and one side waxed but it wasn't buffing off too well, perhaps because I wasn't giving it enough time to dry off? Also, the air was damp and the roof was starting to get damp. As I was buffing the was off it just wasn't coming up that glossy.

Any ideas anyone? Other than start earlier...

I was using Finish Kare 1000p.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #117 on: 31 October 2015, 22:34 »
Disappointing effort today. I wanted to get one or preferably two coats of wax on but I left it a bit late. By the time I'd got home from work and had lunch it was about 3. I had to wash the wheels, then the car and dry it off so by then the sun was going in. Got the bonnet and one side waxed but it wasn't buffing off too well, perhaps because I wasn't giving it enough time to dry off? Also, the air was damp and the roof was starting to get damp. As I was buffing the was off it just wasn't coming up that glossy.

Any ideas anyone? Other than start earlier...

I was using Finish Kare 1000p.

Not used FinishKare but either you've left it on too long and it's hardened too much to buff off properly, or the paintwork was too damp to buff properly, or you've not left it on long enough, although with the latter it should be easy to buff off but won't give you the best results.  I've had it start raining half way through waxing the car and it is hard to buff off with wet paintwork and wet microfibres!  Best thing to do is apply another coat on top of any remaining unbuffed off wax and then buff it off when it is just starting to bite, i.e you run a finger through it and it just catches.  That should buff off the current and any left from the previous coat at the same time, but if it doesn't then you might need to remove the existing wax altogether with either a concentrated shampoo wash, or using something like Gtecniq Panel Wipe or DoDo Juice Lime Prime Lite (both non abrasive pre wax cleansers) and start again with the wax.

Oh, and start earlier next time.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #118 on: 01 November 2015, 13:27 »
Only time for a quick snow foam and 3 bucket wash today, plus tyres dressed and tailpipes polished, as the weather is looking decidedly iffy.  Waxing will have to wait until next week.

Valet Pro Advanced PH Neutral snow foam and lance
Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
WoWo lambswool wash mitt
WoWo wheel mitt
Wheel Woolies
WoWo and DJ MF drying towels
Quarts tyre dressing on foam pads
Mothers Mag and Aluminium metal polish
WoWo MF buffing cloths

Also started claying my partner's Amarok.  Because it's slab sided, it's actually easier to clean and clay than the contoured R. 

Few quick pics of the R.

« Last Edit: 01 November 2015, 13:30 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #119 on: 01 November 2015, 13:44 »
Only time for a quick snow foam and 3 bucket wash today, plus tyres dressed and tailpipes polished, as the weather is looking decidedly iffy.  Waxing will have to wait until next week.

Valet Pro Advanced PH Neutral snow foam and lance
Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Supernatural Shampoo
WoWo lambswool wash mitt
WoWo wheel mitt
Wheel Woolies
WoWo and DJ MF drying towels
Quarts tyre dressing on foam pads
Mothers Mag and Aluminium metal polish
WoWo MF buffing cloths

Also started claying my partner's Amarok.  Because it's slab sided, it's actually easier to clean and clay than the contoured R. 

Looks great, as always Rebecca. Are you going to give the Amarok 'the works' or stop at claying it? It's a big beast!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl