Author Topic: R you ready  (Read 25920 times)

Offline jeynesey

• I live here
  • Non VW but still VAG
Re: R you ready
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2009, 16:00 »
Wait for the new R to come out and it will come down a tad more?

unlikey as the new .:R won't have a V6 engine in it so if anything MK4 and MK5 R32 values will most likely go up

As people have said elsewhere, the "R" badge is being lost isnt it so will become more desirable?? :laugh:
The day you see me in a diesel is the day there is no more petrol left :D

Need a web designer??  http://www.twostepmedia.co.uk/

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2009, 16:00 »
v8? well theres hoping  :grin:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2009, 16:44 »
Wait for the new R to come out and it will come down a tad more?

unlikey as the new .:R won't have a V6 engine in it so if anything MK4 and MK5 R32 values will most likely go up

As people have said elsewhere, the "R" badge is being lost isnt it so will become more desirable?? :laugh:

It will and I wont. I know the V6 sounds nice but the with the new R producing roughly the same if not more power with MUCH improved efficiently in the form of a 2.0T engine its a no brainer from VWs side of the things. Id love to own "proper" V engined car but just cant justify it with the amount of miles I do :(

My MK5 will easily hold its own against an R32 yet I will EASILY get 10 - 15 more MPG constantly over the 3.2 . . . .  :undecided:

Stink, sounds like an epic idea ! Canny wait for you to get it :D Good man.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2009, 16:48 »
yeah neither can I

i know it wont get that great a mpg but i dotn get a great mpg at the best of times in the GTI hahaha

and i just love the R's so if i can get a good deal done happy days  :laugh:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2009, 16:50 »
yeah neither can I

i know it wont get that great a mpg but i dotn get a great mpg at the best of times in the GTI hahaha

and i just love the R's so if i can get a good deal done happy days  :laugh:

Yeah, MPG is just part and parcel of the package, just a shame I do so many miles really :(

Im really sad and get excited for people ! BUY IT TONIGHT :D lol

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2009, 17:46 »
Am not jealous, honestly  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: best colour too !!!!
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 14 July 2009, 18:23 »
£1200 to insure and R...even I can get one insured for £900. I'm 21 with 4 NCB.

Offline richw911

• 10k hero
  • The Linkmeister and an OEM Freak.
« Reply #17 on: 14 July 2009, 18:50 »
Can you take me for a spin please  :evil:

MKIV Mod Squad™ a part of the headlight police.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #18 on: 14 July 2009, 19:09 »
update  :grin:

so went down to the garage so the guys could have a look over my golf

they had a nose around and asked how much i wanted again i said 6k for it, cue the 'well i cant give you that mate' so i asked whats the best price you would give me whilst not loosing eye contact with him until he turned away hahah

he said 'max i will give you is 5k' and that is the most i would go too, said you have got a very tidy car here and the only reason id give you 5 max is because i had a nice set of wheels on it, so food for thought shook hands said id be in contact

so next stage ring insurance

im with Bell so rang up, now when i took out my policy opted for this 10 month ncd bonus accelerator policy but then thought thats not good as when i come to move my NCD wont be valid so swiftly changed it to 12 months  :wink:

now the good bit, chatting tot eh guy very helpful had a good natter about the car , when i changed the policy form 10 - 12 months they didn't amend the payments so it was stretched over a 10 month period, matey said well your finally payment is in august and you are covered until November so two options IF i got the r32 pay the final sum in august which would be 225 and im covered up till novemeber or spread the remaining payments out till nov and pay £75 a month on a R32  :cool: :grin: :grin:

by which point i would have 1 ncd and can really shop around for the best price

so the only thing now is the finace agreement to look at but if im honest they give me 5k for my car im taking the R32

going to nose at it properly tomorrow but soon i might really be going like stink!!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #19 on: 14 July 2009, 19:45 »
Very good work mate!  Surely you can get an R32 for less than £11k though!  :shocked: