Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1148843 times)

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #3010 on: 01 January 2019, 00:19 »
Happy New Year

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #3011 on: 01 January 2019, 13:37 »
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3012 on: 01 January 2019, 21:36 »
forensic anthropology description

Picked her up on the 21st - great car
All standard PP with DSG, Indium Grey, climate windscreen, rear tints and camera
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Gingernick

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3013 on: 10 January 2019, 14:54 »
my deal was up so getting a new gti on wednesday next week

last 2 have been red but I get my way car so have chosen Indium Grey for change

I thought they had dropped keyless but looks like I get it on the 5 door,l. along with the digital dash I am looking forward to parking my arse in the seat

its a dealer stock model and only just arrived so that may explain keyless being fitted
« Last Edit: 10 January 2019, 15:03 by Gingernick »
3dr Gti, manual, tornado red, performance pack, dynaudio. gone now

5dr GTi, manual, red, Performance pack, dynaudio
going

5dr Gti, Manual, performance pack , indium grey (for a change!)

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3014 on: 11 January 2019, 12:33 »
That looks good, ive never had sat nav or a digital dash or even mp3 connection !! let us know what its like on the 1st experiences !! :cool:

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3015 on: 19 January 2019, 12:28 »
Hi all,

Just received my new GTI PP yesterday in the snow.  Delivered to my door from local dealer and absolutely filthy given salt etc...

Anyhow, initial impressions are good after 100 miles driven now.  Model year 2019 change not really affected my order at all and exactly as I specified i.e. none of the freebies some are getting such as rear camera lane assist etc. Not got those.

My first Golf GTI with DSG and really enjoying seamless power and quick changes. 

Also is a lot louder than the manual one I test drove last year when trying out all the alternatives. Not as loud as an R, but fruity enough. Seems more exhaust noise than enhanced noise, where still very similar in Eco mode, which I found a surprise to say least.  Compared to my GTD which had the Sport Sound Pack, it was a lot quieter in eco or comfort modes, but noisier in sport mode than the new 7.5 GTI.

Economy is too soon to tell as still running in, but seems to settle at mid 30’s on A and B road commuting speeds and taking it easy.  So far so good. Really like the Brescia with DCC combo and feels planted and pliant in most driving so far. Just as comfortable as previous Austin’s with dcc on gtd. turn in is a lot sharper though with lsd and better tyres notably.

Comparing to my mk5 gti I can’t believe how much more refined and louder the PP is so far!

I now want to enhance the exhaust sound for my F31 335d touring, but wife won’t have any of it, lol.  :cool: :smiley: :smiley:
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3016 on: 20 January 2019, 10:42 »
Congrats on the new car. Your thoughts mirror mine with the exhaust. The 7.5 DSG is definitely louder then my previous Mk7 manual.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3017 on: 26 January 2019, 16:06 »
Thanks Hobbes 32.

Enjoying a lot and can’t wait to take some decent pictures to upload, but just no time at moment and very dirty most of time.

Perfect difference to the BMW I own which I find too quiet for the power it has. Almost total opposites.
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline Rich 3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3018 on: 26 January 2019, 16:57 »
Hi runningman, I have also very recently puchased a GTI PP dsg having traded in my previous 430d BMW.
Interesting for me that you also run a performance diesel BMW alongside the Golf.
The Golf is my first petrol daily driver for some years (although I also have a mint Honda S2000 for summer blats) and I was a little dubious about making the change.
Apart from the noise differences between the two that you mention, how are you finding the different driving (and other) characterics between your BMW and new Golf?
For my part, the Golf feels far more nimble, almost as well built and finished off, a tad slower in a straight line and the dsg whilst may be not quite as seemless as the ZF 8 speed but has still been a pleasant surprise (i.e. I've not really experienced any significant jerkiness that you read about in some roadtests).
2018 GTI PP dsg 5 dr DB Pearl Brecias Jacara Sunroof Privacy Glass

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3019 on: 26 January 2019, 23:19 »
@ Rich3

Nice car choices.

I have done around 5k in the 335d shadow touring so far wmoh sharing the driving. I have said it before but would say it is the smoother car with seamless 8 speed gearbox as you I think agree. It certainly isn’t something that is chuckable in the same way the gti is, which let’s face it has been 40+ years in development as a hot hatch. The 335d would leave it for dead on an A road and more open B roads and also has fantastic brakes. But on more technical b and unclassified roads it is the other way round, most definately.

I like the overall compromise of a car that can be comfortable and hi tech as well for commuting and work appointments, and when mood and/or opportunity takes you, you can enjoy 1st class handling and powerful brakes and a fast enough travel to not get you automatically on every other road users sh#t list, and end up booked or worse!   If you try to use all or most of the bmw performance in the same way I expect I would be using up far more road space given it’s physical size and also p%ss of other road users more as it is a bmw after all!  It is true that more people respect and admire the GTI for its heritage and attainability, compared to BMW higher power offerings in Britain at least.  This is my impression based on driving both marks and many different models over 24 years or so, and I think down to Top Gear and advertising positioning of the brands over that and a much longer timescale in Britain.

The Beemer is more a family car and enjoyable as such and fast and secure when you want it to be.