Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 2069 times)

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
Re: A few questions
« Reply #10 on: 22 March 2020, 11:16 »
The reversing camera picture isn’t super sharp, but is very adequate. Cleaning the lens might help and won’t do any harm.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 22 March 2020, 12:32 »
My car has recently been in for a service. I, routinely, strip everything out of the car for this, including the nav card. What I found was that my personal poi’s, including speed cameras, were missing. Nothing I tried would, in the infotainment system, would bring them back. I found a setting for retrieving my POI’s, but that told me that there were no updates available. I eventually found that I had to modify my POI’s online, just by deleting one folder and adding it again, to fool the system into thinking there was an actual update, which it then downloaded. Reselected POI’s to be displayed and all was fine.
did you upload yours online? I've never used that way and always uploaded via SD card.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 March 2020, 19:15 »
Yes, via the We Connect site on my laptop. There is a “Manage My POI’s” page, which works very well. I download them to the car using my phone’s hotspot.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline wrighty79

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 22 March 2020, 20:04 »
, Now that I’ve had the GTi a few days I have a few questions which I’m sure some or most of you will know!
1.  the reversing camera functions as it should but does not seem very sharp, is this normal seems to have a bit of a fuzziness to me?
2.  I have done a few Carista  tweaks one of which was to enable the beep on/off when locked  and unlocked and it functions fine,  however the menu on/off option does not appear in the infotainment system but I’m sure I selected this when I tweaked it using Carista. Do you have to reboot the infotainment system to get the menu showing? If the answer to this is yes, does rebooting the infotainment system lose any other settings already tweaked such as speed camera files, map updates, Bluetooth settings et cetera or will it just retain them all And just reboot  the infotainment system? If rebooted is it also advisable to remove either or both of the sd cards installed ?
3, If speed camera files have already been installed, does updating the maps to the latest version wipeout speed cameras or are they still retained once the latest map is installed?
 Cheers
Yes in answer to your last question u have to reinstall the speed cameras poi's everytime u update the maps

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 22 March 2020, 20:10 »
, Now that I’ve had the GTi a few days I have a few questions which I’m sure some or most of you will know!
1.  the reversing camera functions as it should but does not seem very sharp, is this normal seems to have a bit of a fuzziness to me?
2.  I have done a few Carista  tweaks one of which was to enable the beep on/off when locked  and unlocked and it functions fine,  however the menu on/off option does not appear in the infotainment system but I’m sure I selected this when I tweaked it using Carista. Do you have to reboot the infotainment system to get the menu showing? If the answer to this is yes, does rebooting the infotainment system lose any other settings already tweaked such as speed camera files, map updates, Bluetooth settings et cetera or will it just retain them all And just reboot  the infotainment system? If rebooted is it also advisable to remove either or both of the sd cards installed ?
3, If speed camera files have already been installed, does updating the maps to the latest version wipeout speed cameras or are they still retained once the latest map is installed?
 Cheers
Yes in answer to your last question u have to reinstall the speed cameras poi's everytime u update the maps
no you don't if you load your POIs through an SD card.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.