Author Topic: Has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf yet?  (Read 26537 times)

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
Has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf yet?
« on: 26 September 2012, 18:24 »
As per the title has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf get?

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
Re: Has anybody ordered a MK7 Golf yet?
« Reply #1 on: 26 September 2012, 18:26 »
No. Waiting to see what the performance offerings are first.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 September 2012, 07:58 »
The top of the pile to begin with will be a GT/Sport with a 150PS 2.0 CR TDI. As well as performing slightly better than the current 140PS, it will only cost £20 to tax.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 September 2012, 14:07 »
I'm sure now we've seen confirmed pics of the GTI peeps will sit and wait for that, then there be threads popping up all over the place saying "look what I've ordered"....
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 27 September 2012, 14:44 »
Time for a mk7 section mods!!

I could be tempted if I got a killer deal but will wait to see what the cost of the GTI with sport pack (assuming we get that option in the UK) runs to with essential extras as I reckon the spec won't be great as standard. And I want to see what the Leon mk3 comes out like too as I think it is prettier than the Golf but unsure of the interior.
I must be a car dealers dream as every 12 months I get itchy feet, spend 6 to 9 months working on decent deals and back round in a circle again!! VW you owe me big time!! Maybe it's time I grew up and turned to wine, women and playing the worlds most boring sport (golf)...  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline RedHP

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 September 2012, 15:13 »
Just picked up my GiT from local dealer after some minor works and spoke to the sales guys there. They said that they have now stopped taking orders for all Mk6's (incl. GTi/R etc) and they are due to go over to view and test the Mk7 models next week, which should be available for sale in Nov/Dec. They estimate that the GTi/R etc versions would be available in a years time (approx).
They have had no orders in just yet neither. They are unanimous, however, stating that the exterior styling is very similar to the Mk6, so this may put some people off.....

Red
Mk6 GiT since birth in 2010

YNWA

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 27 September 2012, 15:45 »
My dealer says order books open (for normal models) in November.

You have to give VW-UK time to mess around with S-SE-Match-GT configs.
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 27 September 2012, 15:55 »
I'll be waiting for the GTD 4 motion...anyone know if my winter wheels and VW roof bars will fit a Mk7?!?!

Though by then I may need to get the long wheelbase golf known as a Passat Estate.

GTI is looking good on autocar so far.... http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/2013-volkswagen-golf

why do they release it in France anyway...is it because it rivals the 308 GTI?!?!?!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 27 September 2012, 16:02 »
The roof bars won't fit, not sure on the wheels yet as it has a wider track than the mk6 so may use the lower offset of the Scirocco/Passat
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2012, 14:36 »
I'll be waiting for the GTD 4 motion...

I want. Any idea on dates? :smiley: