Author Topic: AutoGlym Reflow - Any experience?  (Read 3678 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: AutoGlym Reflow - Any experience?
« Reply #10 on: 01 June 2020, 15:47 »
Thanks for the update Harry. Sorry it wasn’t successful and didn’t live up to Autoglym’s claims.

Whether you just get the bonnet polished or the whole car I think depends on the condition of your paintwork. Being black, it will show imperfections if there are any much more than, say a white or silver car, in which case considering getting the whole car done might be a consideration.

When I’ve ever needed to machine polish localised areas of paint work to remove marks such as bird poo etching, just doing the affected area has been fine. I’d say if your paintwork’s in generally good or very good condition with minimal swirling or imperfections, then getting the whole car polished because of bird poo etching on the bonnet is probably overkill, and just getting the bonnet done should be OK.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 01 June 2020, 18:07 »
That’s a bummer.
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline Harry213

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 June 2020, 21:58 »
Thank you for your help guys!

Car is just a year old and the paintwork is pretty decent, apart from the bonnet which the bird etching and some light scratches due to me trying to remove the etching!

Found someone local who has decent following on social media to machine polish the bonnet.

Once again thank you for your help and advice!

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 01 June 2020, 23:05 »
Thank you for your help guys!

Car is just a year old and the paintwork is pretty decent, apart from the bonnet which the bird etching and some light scratches due to me trying to remove the etching!

Found someone local who has decent following on social media to machine polish the bonnet.

Once again thank you for your help and advice!

For the cost of paying someone to detail your bonnet why not buy the kit and have the use of it in future.
A DA polisher is easy to use and pretty safe. Loads of YouTube videos to watch and detailing world has loads of advice on what to buy and use.

Trust me, it gets addictive !
2014 gti pp dsg