Author Topic: Door Help  (Read 1837 times)

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Door Help
« on: 20 August 2018, 14:18 »
Was out cleaning the wife's and noticed this, it seems maybe it has been removed at some point and not put back on correctly, now when I open the passenger door I can pull this out, I need to sort it out and wondered if anyone knows what parts I need to order to correct it?, thanks

MK7 GTi

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
Re: Door Help
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2018, 14:52 »
No one help with this?

MK7 GTi

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2018, 15:43 »
Don’t think you need any parts. There should be a vertical plastic locking bar that you should be able to see in the hole where you’ve removed the small rear section of the handle from. Ensure the locking bar is moved to the right (the rear edge of the door). Once you re-insert the part of the handle you have in your hand (photo 3) back into its hole on the door, the locking bar needs to be pushed to the left (the front of the car) through one of the two holes (your first photo) in the door edge to secure the handle back in place.

This video on YouTube might be of help - really poor quality, but the information you need is from about 2min 15 sec into the video - the lighting in the video improves at around 2min 23sec when you can clearly see the locking bar.

Edit; forgot to attach the link to the video! :grin:. Here it is;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCYRxrR2fk
« Last Edit: 21 August 2018, 15:45 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2018, 16:51 »
Don’t think you need any parts. There should be a vertical plastic locking bar that you should be able to see in the hole where you’ve removed the small rear section of the handle from. Ensure the locking bar is moved to the right (the rear edge of the door). Once you re-insert the part of the handle you have in your hand (photo 3) back into its hole on the door, the locking bar needs to be pushed to the left (the front of the car) through one of the two holes (your first photo) in the door edge to secure the handle back in place.

This video on YouTube might be of help - really poor quality, but the information you need is from about 2min 15 sec into the video - the lighting in the video improves at around 2min 23sec when you can clearly see the locking bar.

Edit; forgot to attach the link to the video! :grin:. Here it is;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCYRxrR2fk

Thanks will take a look, I looked on the drivers side and it has bolts coming from the holes :undecided:

MK7 GTi

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2018, 19:22 »
I thought you only bought the car recently? If so can't you take it back and get them to fix it FOC?
7.5 GTD

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2018, 19:28 »
I did, it’s got a 1 year vw warranty but if it was a simple fix (which it was) I could do it, which I have :nerd:

MK7 GTi

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2018, 19:36 »
I did, it’s got a 1 year vw warranty but if it was a simple fix (which it was) I could do it, which I have :nerd:

Glad you got it sorted :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2018, 19:46 »
Pleased it's all sorted and an easy fix  :smiley:

You have much patience.

I'd have been stood next to whoever has the keys while they opened up at the local dealers the following morning.
7.5 GTD

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 22 August 2018, 13:21 »

Glad you got it sorted :smiley:.

Cheers for the help, it wasn't easy and didn't seem to want to engage, but think its done correctly

MK7 GTi