Author Topic: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long  (Read 13498 times)

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
Re: Mk2 8v Alpine White not for long
« Reply #20 on: 30 October 2010, 18:34 »
ah ha, ive found it again. so since last update the golf made it back on the roadfor bugjam.
she was wearing a rather "rustic" coat of matt black and porsche d90s on the rear and some random little 14 inch alloys on the front....

tracking was sort of straight and due to lack of measurement for the camber adjustment, we just kinda pulled them out as far as they would go.

she has blessed the road with her noise and dodgy brakes (master cylinder seals?) for 2-3 months and has now developed a major missfire and over and underfueling issue. now many faults have been found that point to a cause for this including:

buggerd ht leads which are now sorted.
massive vaccum leak which is now sorted.
filthy air mass meter which, other than the standard air box and filter to stop any more damage, has not been sorted.
and finnaly it would appear that my injector sels are rather buggard as there seems to be a large amount of fuel dispensing itself all over my inlet manifold and the back of the head.

so until this is sorted shes off the road again until funds allow for proper repair

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #21 on: 30 October 2010, 18:57 »
I like this thread hard look ur havin but will b good when its finished.

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 30 October 2010, 19:02 »
thanks. at the end of the day shes a tierd little 21 year old 8v thats had 13 other abusive owners so she just needs some proper love and attention and as im a chef and rarely see the light of day i dont get much time to spend on her but the chances i do get i give it my all and quite litterally put my back out trying to sort the problems

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #23 on: 30 October 2010, 19:11 »
Yeh I know what you mean. I like the rat idea. I havnt the balls to go all the way on mine but I hav a rusty bonnet. Its my best part of my mk2 :) haha

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 03 November 2010, 17:11 »
well i finaly made space in the garage today, jammed the golf in and removed the bonnet. battled my way to the injectors and removed them, seals are perished and cracked but nowhere near as much visible damage as i thought there would be as it has caused such a major problem to how she runs.
the real news is how much my wiper blank on the passenger side has rotted, i can fit my hand under my windscreen and sit it on top of my dashboard, all the way from the far corner of the window to the center of the dash....  BAD TIMES

pics to follow, now to start ripping the dash out to see the full extent of the damage and if shes salvageable :(

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 04 November 2010, 16:32 »
ok so ill have all the pics up later tonight, am in the garage now, dash is all out, just gotta tidy things up with the wiring and sound deadening to get some more clear pics. just having a tea and fag break as im all shakey from al the cuts to my hands. i hate dash boards.
upon taking the dash out i have decided not to put it back in for a few reasons

1) it goes with the stripped look and i like it.
2) id rather hit my head on a solid peice of metal as opposed to all the meatal point braces that hold the dash together
3) i cant be botherd to put it back in again
4) i tore off the two fixings that u have to undo from under the bonnet cos i forgot they were there

pics tonight, wish me luck, the hole is pretty big

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #26 on: 04 November 2010, 19:13 »
Everything is fixable if u hav the resources mate

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 04 November 2010, 22:35 »

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #28 on: 04 November 2010, 22:38 »
erm that looks pretty b*lloxed!

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Baylez8v

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 04 November 2010, 22:43 »
erm yeh, just a little, now to find the metal thats gonna fit where the hole is, any idea anyone?

ive got a similar job to do on the rear offside window but im not so worried about that