Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374471 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead Says "Hello Roads!" (p101)
« Reply #1100 on: 05 April 2011, 16:49 »

110 pages :nerd:
  :grin:

Its remarkable that you have got it this far and I am sure that its more than worthy of a show or two even if it isn't concourse  :wink:

It's car park fodder at the moment IMO.  depends if I can get on the paint mission soon.  whens the next popular show that you boys will be going to?

I'm hoping to make everything that's on in June,  Volksfest etc, also the IOW show that DH posted up maybe.....

and that is where you are WRONG  :shocked: :lipsrsealed:

With a Picture of HOW IT WAS on the day of the accident, and then one or two little ones of  progress including the inner wing change, and a write up of what you have done ( including most is on an open drive not in a garage )  on a board out the front of the car, then it is VERY show worthy and would attract a LOT of attention  :wink:

and more importantly be inspiration to others :afro:

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #1101 on: 05 April 2011, 16:51 »

Its remarkable that you have got it this far and I am sure that its more than worthy of a show or two even if it isn't concourse  :wink:

It's car park fodder at the moment IMO.  depends if I can get on the paint mission soon.  whens the next popular show that you boys will be going to?

I'm hoping to make everything that's on in June,  Volksfest etc, also the IOW show that DH posted up maybe.....

With a Picture of HOW IT WAS on the day of the accident, and then one or two little ones of  progress including the inner wing change, and a write up of what you have done ( including most is on an open drive not in a garage )  on a board out the front of the car, then it is VERY show worthy and would attract a LOT of attention  :wink:

+1 great idea Mr C  :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1102 on: 05 April 2011, 20:15 »
Cheers Chuff, I hope to get the paint the same all over on the outside at least ASAP and then I will be happy but I like your idea.   :cool: 

I made a mistake though, I started doing all the kit and replacement parts with halfrauds satin black, in all honestly the quality is amazing but its sooooooo fecking expensive, didn't really notice the cost as it was done over a longish period but to do the rest is going to be too much, I know there is cheaper paint to buy but I don't want a sh*t finish.  Either way, when i find cheaper paint I may as well key the whole car as whatever it is won't match what's already been done..

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #1103 on: 05 April 2011, 20:53 »

+1 great idea Mr C  :cool:

+2
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #1104 on: 05 April 2011, 21:13 »
as for you paint your better off going to a paint suppliers, normaly works out cheeper! or keep you eye out for:

only pay £5 a can  :smiley:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1105 on: 05 April 2011, 21:17 »
as for you paint your better off going to a paint suppliers, normaly works out cheeper! or keep you eye out for:

only pay £5 a can  :smiley:

Under £3 a can but is it any good?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1106 on: 05 April 2011, 21:18 »

Yep, use it all the time in work, excellent product. :smiley:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1107 on: 05 April 2011, 21:20 »

Cool thanks.. the only thing that confuses me is it states its satin matte, which is it because I want satin?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #1108 on: 05 April 2011, 21:22 »

Cool thanks.. the only thing that confuses me is it states its satin matte, which is it because I want satin?

Not sure but they do both satin and matt, so you need to ask.

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #1109 on: 05 April 2011, 21:25 »
Hey thats not fair!! i pay a fiver inc discount!  :undecided:

but yeah its quality stuff, they do a matt black, or a satin matt black!

so you need satin matt my friend! thats what i did my bumper in  :wink:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk