Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374519 times)

Offline benvictors

• I live here
  • bgk Tuning - coming soon!!!
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (Tweaks, Changes and Pics P84)
« Reply #850 on: 25 January 2011, 21:54 »
Have you thought about black badge surround and a red badge? Just a thought??

Good work so far, think this is the first time we've seen it almost back together!  :evil:

Nah I think it's over the top doing anything like that now I look at it and will look even worse when I try to pull that other bonnet off in the future.  I might try the shadow style with the badge where the inside is painted.  I have a spare badge to play with so for now I think I will put this one back to how it should be.

I know, bar the unfinshed paint work it looks like a road going car at least!  :smiley:

Oh yes, sorry mate, i'll just copy what you say and try take the credit for it ha ha :laugh:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #851 on: 25 January 2011, 22:02 »

Good work so far, think this is the first time we've seen it almost back together!  :evil:

Nah I think it's over the top doing anything like that now I look at it and will look even worse when I try to pull that other bonnet off in the future.  I might try the shadow style with the badge where the inside is painted.  I have a spare badge to play with so for now I think I will put this one back to how it should be.

I know, bar the unfinshed paint work it looks like a road going car at least!  :smiley:

Oh yes, sorry mate, i'll just copy what you say and try take the credit for it ha ha :laugh:
That's fine, I won't tell anyone.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #852 on: 25 January 2011, 23:22 »

That's fine, I won't tell anyone.

like this shaun?

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #853 on: 25 January 2011, 23:26 »
subtle and nice i didnt even notice lol
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #854 on: 25 January 2011, 23:32 »
@ Chris

Yes mate just like that.  :cool:  I remember yours was done.. I'll have a bash.. I have be careful of not getting carried away as when I try and fit that bonnet properly, too much colour will go towards the car losing it's stealth look when all the satin is done.

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
« Reply #855 on: 26 January 2011, 18:21 »
@ Chris

Yes mate just like that.  :cool:  I remember yours was done.. I'll have a bash.. I have be careful of not getting carried away as when I try and fit that bonnet properly, too much colour will go towards the car losing it's stealth look when all the satin is done.

posted you bits today :afro:

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #856 on: 26 January 2011, 23:01 »
@ Chris

posted you bits today :afro:

Cheers dude, replied to your PM.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #857 on: 28 January 2011, 19:45 »
So... bit of a cr@p update...

Thanks to Chris I now have a headlight bulb retaining clip in the lens that didn't have one.  I didn't have any side light bulb holders either and was struggling to find any, again Chris came to rescue, they fit but wrong connections!..  Only beer money wasted but i'm still annoyed as I've had to bodge them in now with some universal rubber holders that don't fit properly!

Dear VW,

what was the fecking need to change them when everything else is the same
:angry:

Front is now reassembled for the last time for now and everything works lights wise.  Red oval around Grille badge is now gone too.

Cannot for the life of me find the wiring for the brake fluid level sensor! I swear they were in the bay somewhere.  :angry:

Handbrake/Fluid level light on all the time. MOT Fail? I think so.

Need to get the tyres done tomorrow.  And after the above gremlins are sorted she's ready for an MOT (I Think)... down side is I'm broke!

Been doing some insurance quotes... Chris Knott wins hands down at the moment at £153 fully comp on classic!  :shocked:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #858 on: 28 January 2011, 21:21 »
That's a well good insurance quote mate. I like how its nearing being on the road. Real excited

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #859 on: 29 January 2011, 18:04 »
shaun do you know if chris knots classic insurance has a minimum age?