Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374663 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead (New Seats & Frames Fitted p59)
« Reply #610 on: 15 December 2010, 18:29 »
I have been busy but feel I could have done something by now... no more deadlines from me anymore as it seems to be a bit of joke when I set one.

Spent a lot of time cleaning and organising all the small parts that need refitting.  lost some interior trim already...  :sad: it'll be somewhere.

Fitted new frames and seats with original seat belt buckles.  I will be rolling with carpet but will be cleaning and fitting it post MOT, also might help MOT man see that my floor is solid.

I've got a slight clearance issue which I also had with the vintage Recaro that was in it before, I am quite tall and custom frames are always slightly higher than OEM.  I just fit comfortably but may have to look into this at a later date.

Shaun

i forgot to say these are verynice mate. u not havin back seats in?

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #611 on: 15 December 2010, 19:56 »
Thanks..  :smiley:

No, although I have kept the rear bench for when road trips call on it...  Will get it retrimmed to match one day.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #612 on: 15 December 2010, 20:22 »
I like your style. A partially stripped out mk1 ftw

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #613 on: 15 December 2010, 21:20 »
I like your style. A partially stripped out mk1 ftw
My white one was a two seater, freshly painted floor and no carpets, just the essentials.

this one was fully loaded before, big sound, screen in the glovebox etc, going 50/50 this time.  essentials with a little bit of luxury where its needed.

Shaun

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #614 on: 15 December 2010, 21:25 »
I prefere stripped out with carpets as metal floor is a bit dull. But then again a full track car would be all stripped out. Haha. But I'm guessin them seats uve just put in were about 80quid. If not there's a place that does em or did for that. But they are nice. Look compfy but sporty. And with the mk1 it all fixes together.
Its a bbs kit int it?
Liam

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #615 on: 15 December 2010, 22:02 »
I prefere stripped out with carpets as metal floor is a bit dull. But then again a full track car would be all stripped out. Haha. But I'm guessin them seats uve just put in were about 80quid. If not there's a place that does em or did for that. But they are nice. Look compfy but sporty. And with the mk1 it all fixes together.
Its a bbs kit int it?
Liam

I think I paid about 190 with the new frames from Belgium. Yes it's BBS, the only kit I would have on a black MK1.  :cool:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #616 on: 15 December 2010, 22:07 »
Back when they new how to make kits

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #617 on: 15 December 2010, 22:23 »
I'm really liking the curved shifter, custom job? I was looking at trying to fit one out of a 'rocco but it was deemed low priority.

:cool:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #618 on: 15 December 2010, 22:33 »
Back when they new how to make kits

You knows it.. Firbreglass free too!  :cool:

I'm really liking the curved shifter, custom job? I was looking at trying to fit one out of a 'rocco but it was deemed low priority.

:cool:

Well spotted, its a rocco shifter... works well in a MK1 for those that are tall and sit quite far back.  looks a little naked at the mo.

Offline Jimp

• I live here
« Reply #619 on: 15 December 2010, 22:56 »
The rocco shifter is a really nice touch. Is it a mk1 or mk2 rocco shifter? I know they are both curved but I think the mk2 one is a different shape. Those seats are immaculate and suit the car so well  :cool: What are they if you don't mind me asking?
Not low enough mk5
Not on the road enough mk3