Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374641 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Yeah I was it still going to cost me money though paint mixing and the drink to use his booth?
The issues is I don't like doing something until I know I can see it through LOL.
I did find an old mate who might do a few things for me, seeing him today so biding my time.

Yeah I know what you mean, the satin painting has hit a brick wall and like yourself I hate starting something I can't finish.... The good news is that everything that needed sealing is at least painted...  If I put some heat in the shed I may be able to finish the kit so it has somewhere warm to cure???.... after that if its on the road it will just have to look odd for a while!  dont think that would matter too much during the winter anyway.....  Need to have a serious think now as to what I really have to do to get this road worthy now.....

Offline cняis

• I live here
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Looking forward to the next update bud, such a f**king awesome car, great work!!!
Thanks mate, means a lot..... just wish i had the cash for a respray like yours!!!!

No worries bud, I know what its like to battle on a car and thinking about giving up and all that. Lots of respect for the hardwork! Things like this don't get recognised enough IMO.

I hoping to finish off my respray soon, still haven't flatted it back and polished it :D Need to grow some balls before I touch it with wet and dry!

I think you're right but i'm not too fussed with how much attention it gets even though its pretty much the only active MK1 build on here!  For now i've given up posting on the MK1 owners site, hardly anybody says a thing, don't think I fit in not being a standard campaign and all but it never was and was never meant to be....

I forgot you had to do that!...  Yeah must be pretty scary with paint like that... I dont have to worry about that just yet!... my paint is a temp job anyway, bit like yours originally was.

Shaun don't worry about purists they can keep polishing there over priced Gti's and do nothing you have save it and in our books that counts for far more than the dairy queens!
Same here two weeks of doing sod all its just too cold and can't spray anything  :sad:
Jay

brush on hammerite FTW

I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Good point, can pretty much paint that in any wwather as long as its not raining!....  I've known of a whole car being painted with it but was thinned down a bit and sprayed with a compressor, looked like an awesome job too.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
brush on hammerite FTW

+1

When I stripped my car, I ground and flatted back all the rear beam, subframe, wishbones, etc and Hammerite'd them black, they look sh!t again now lol, but looked sweet when they weren't dirty!

I wish I had used something other than black though.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
brush on hammerite FTW

+1

When I stripped my car, I ground and flatted back all the rear beam, subframe, wishbones, etc and Hammerite'd them black, they look sh!t again now lol, but looked sweet when they weren't dirty!

yeah I have used it in places but I think Chris meant do the body!  :laugh:

will be doing my beams etc in red me thinks

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
brush on hammerite FTW

+1

Red is a good shout, I would do mine in red if I did it again.

Lol, you can roller paint the car too, comes up really nice if you flat it back and polish it up. I was going to do mine in Royal Mail postbox red before I got it sprayed. Was the cheap alternative :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
brush on hammerite FTW

+1

Red is a good shout, I would do mine in red if I did it again.

Lol, you can roller paint the car too, comes up really nice if you flat it back and polish it up. I was going to do mine in Royal Mail postbox red before I got it sprayed. Was the cheap alternative :D
  Well I do plan to colour code in red... pretty traditional for a black car... i did read up on roller painting but thought it was a little bit of a joke for a long term solution however, if done with patience!!!

and this one the paint has been on the car now for over two years!

« Last Edit: 20 November 2010, 17:56 by SoundillusioN »

Offline mika16S

• Not said much yet
It seems really nice, I think you will have really good results with your project.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
It seems really nice, I think you will have really good results with your project.

Thank you!  :smiley:  I hope so.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Is the mk1 still going mate. Am egerly waiting an update. I know weather is crap though.