Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 374699 times)

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
Is the plan to satin the whole car?  
I'm thinking that if you can contact a few people to get it done pro like, it might look better with all over gloss?
Your so close mate and in this weather can you hold up, becuase I did most of my painting in summer which is a bummer finding that small tail gate foobared in my case? No way I can paint it now especially what you have just gone through?

Yes, it always was.... for now....Of course it will look better and thats how i want it one day..... The cars storage took its toll on the orignal paintwork and also has dents now etc.  Obviously the front has had a lot of work too.  The way my budget works and the need to get her straight, this is my only option. I have made some contacts but the best price I have had so far is around 800 notes up front.  this is costing me my time and a lot less money and any spare money has had to go on other parts for it. it's almost like pay as you go bodywork in a way...   My thoughts are that if I do what I plan, by the end of it she will be staright, 100% rust free motor all sealed up... have some fun in it and by the time the satin does my head in I will have the cash saved for a pro job.. and I want it original and fecking spotless!

Sounds like a plan Shaun and fair play from what I saw with the chassis legs off I'm not surprised you are going pay as you go!
Guessing the satin is more of a sealer than finish right  :grin:
Jay

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Is the plan to satin the whole car?  
I'm thinking that if you can contact a few people to get it done pro like, it might look better with all over gloss?
Your so close mate and in this weather can you hold up, becuase I did most of my painting in summer which is a bummer finding that small tail gate foobared in my case? No way I can paint it now especially what you have just gone through?

Yes, it always was.... for now....Of course it will look better and thats how i want it one day..... The cars storage took its toll on the orignal paintwork and also has dents now etc.  Obviously the front has had a lot of work too.  The way my budget works and the need to get her straight, this is my only option. I have made some contacts but the best price I have had so far is around 800 notes up front.  this is costing me my time and a lot less money and any spare money has had to go on other parts for it. it's almost like pay as you go bodywork in a way...   My thoughts are that if I do what I plan, by the end of it she will be staright, 100% rust free motor all sealed up... have some fun in it and by the time the satin does my head in I will have the cash saved for a pro job.. and I want it original and fecking spotless!

Sounds like a plan Shaun and fair play from what I saw with the chassis legs off I'm not surprised you are going pay as you go!
Guessing the satin is more of a sealer than finish right  :grin:

Jay

You've got it in one Jay.... Technically I am no longer in a position to own a car like this, I couldn't buy one now, but I still have this one and paid good money for it originally, therfore I have no option to do what i'm doing and the way that i'm doing it.

One of the early oil coolers......my first one had that and wasn't cheap to replace back in 1989!........now have the coolant/oil cooler housing 'thingy' on the cab that seems more reliable.

This one seems OK despite it's age, if it went I would go down the aftermarket route with something a little bigger.

I go on comp now and then to look at pics. But I like to read as when am out and about I pop onto the forum to see what's goin on. I make sure I read the regular threads.
And now its not. I spose wait til after the mot. Lowered mk1s look the dogs bol**x. Haha

Ha ha, yeah they do look mint slammed although it works best with smaller and wider wheels... I am limited to how "sensibly" low I can go with 15's and the bodykit.

WOW!  :shocked:

Stunning work.  :cool:

Cheers Fella

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Really starting to come together now, bet you must be chuffed with it! I know I would be! :afro:

Can't have much more to do before the dreaded MOT now though?  :huh:

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
looking good doing a really good job i remember reading the thread when the car was bumped
glad to see it getting put back together :cool:

rob

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
:afro: good effort dude.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Really starting to come together now, bet you must be chuffed with it! I know I would be! :afro:

Can't have much more to do before the dreaded MOT now though?  :huh:
Yeah it's starting to look like a car again! (on one side  :grin: )

no not too much. Camber is all over the place, there's something up with the back brakes  :sad: need to fit washer bottle, pipe and jets, sort some bulbs out for the rear, fit the seats and belts and some other sh*t.... bit concerend though, ragged it up and down the drive, feels like it's still got some big balls but there's some play in something up front, probably a dodgy bush or two, I'll let the MOT man find it

looking good doing a really good job i remember reading the thread when the car was bumped
glad to see it getting put back together :cool:

rob

Cherrs bud... what this thread or the original one?.. if you mean that one i may have to hunt it down!

:afro: good effort dude.

Thanks!  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 03 November 2010, 00:04 by SoundillusioN »

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
You've got ra's ant u? And 8 inch wide ats cups. :D

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
You've got ra's ant u? And 8 inch wide ats cups. :D
  I've got the RA's that are pictured on the car and obviously the set of Antera 109s... I wish I had 8" wide cups!

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
I'd get the 8" wide ats cups

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
I'd get the 8" wide ats cups

One day mate..... one day..